Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See my previous post of how to install aftermarket fog light bulbs.

I was impressed with the difference of my new H11 Hoen bulbs compared to the OEM H11 Phillips bulbs used for the fog lights.

The Hoen H11 bulbs produce a much brighter, whiter light. Up close, they have an attractive blue tint.

Distance wise, the Hoen bulbs add about a 2-3 foot difference to your MZ3 over the Phillips bulbs. I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't have the stock Xenon lighting; however, I plan to upgrade my low/high beams to Hoen bulbs as well. I'll keep you posted.

As soon as I learn how to add pics to posts, I'll post some "after" pics.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
ImportLuva4Life said:
Distance wise, the Hoen bulbs add about a 2-3 foot difference to your MZ3 over the Phillips bulbs. I was pleasantly surprised.
Sorry but at the same wattage, a blue tint bulb (and Heons are very tinted) may be brighter and whiter but it's impossible to match of surpass a clear bulb. And that's not an opinion.....it's a proven lab and scentific fact.

read a little before posting false info:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/superwhite/superwhite.html

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may be a scientific fact in your eyes, but I know what my eyes see. My OEM fog lights I could see projection sideways from my vehicle; however, I could not see them project in front of my car. My HOEN bulbs I can not only see sideways, but a good 2 feet of projection in front of my vehicle.

...since when did vehicles fit into labs? <g>

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's no biggie guys, don't lose sleep over the comparision.

I didn't take before/after pictures because I had a busy weekend after I installed them Saturday afternoon. Sowwie guys.

I will get current pics as soon as I can.

My opinion, and why I changed the bulbs, is the Hoen H11 bulbs look better. I like the upclose blue look and the little futher projection the new bulbs provide.

Science may have their opinion, other people may add their 2¢, but all I know is I like the change. :) :)

I'm no car expect by far. So, if Mr Scientists from the depths of some basement lab says the Hoen aren't any better than the OEM ones...good for him. heheee

I was just stating how I felt because many people on these boards are looking to upgrade their fog lights. Next time, I'll bring a guest speaker from Hoen with me to help validate my opinions. ;)

Thanks for the feedback, y'all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The vast majority of what Stern claims is fact. However dont lose site of the fact he sells competing products so has a financial interest in putting competitors down.

More importantly check out the latest tests of the 'blue' bulbs in AutoExpress (Europe)....the blue bulbs did quite well :) Technology has improved in glass and filters used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts