Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home 'spirited' on an empty road tonight, noticed a set of HIDs in my rear view coming up fast. We both stopped at a red light, saw that it was a BMW Z4 coupe. Beautiful. I knew I didn't have a chance unless he was a really really bad driver, but i wanted to see how my little stock 3 would keep up. Times like this I wish I had a speed, it might have been more competitive.

Light turned green, we hit it. I had the jump slightly, but by the time I got to 2nd it was all over, he was at least 6 car lengths ahead of me & increasing :shock:

Don't know how tuned it was, but it definitely wasn't stock - that was the sweetest sounding exhaust I've ever heard.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
lol a mazda 3 vs. a Z4 bmw?

a little 2 door convertible with more HP than our car and weighs prolly almost half....you never had a chance man

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doubt in my mind! Knew i had no chance, but wasn't aware by how much. D'oh :D

But i'm not hanging my head in shame either, he probably spent 3 to 4x on his ride!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=69546.msg1208753#msg1208753 date=1171514877]

a little 2 door convertible with more HP than our car and weighs prolly almost half....you never had a chance man
[/quote]

Actually the Z4 is quite portly, and heavier than a Mazda 3. 3020lbs for the Manual version of a Z4 vs. some 2850 lbs or so for the Mz3 GT sedan. In so far as torque, hp, and gear ratios are concerned, the Z4 is optimized for performance whereas the Mz3 regardless of the 'zoomzoom' factor is still an econobox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts