Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to put a spare tire in the trunk replacing the space saver donut? I know that the space in the trunk can fit a full size spare tire but will push the trunkboard up because of the tire's width. Anyone ever thought of doing a mod like this? I've been really unlucky on flat tires and would like to be on the safe side. I am well aware of the lost space in the trunk so don't tell me about it. 8) I want to know if anyone has done this or has any ideas how to do this and where to do it. Thanks :D

M3 Owner in Manila, Philippines

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I've thought about it, but never actually done anything about it. . .

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I've been wanting to get a fix-a-flat can to replace my spare tire to save weight. Miatas nowadays don't even come with spare tires...

Normally if I get a flat, I notice it right away (Plus we have TPMS) and they're usually slow leaks so I can drive to a tire shop.

I guess the donut would help most if I BLEW a tire...

Then If I took a long road trip, I'd put the spare tire in. heh. Good idea?

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
[quote author=HouRman link=topic=72386.msg1276382#msg1276382 date=1174322405]
I've been wanting to get a fix-a-flat can to replace my spare tire to save weight. Miatas nowadays don't even come with spare tires...

Normally if I get a flat, I notice it right away (Plus we have TPMS) and they're usually slow leaks so I can drive to a tire shop.

I guess the donut would help most if I BLEW a tire...

Then If I took a long road trip, I'd put the spare tire in. heh. Good idea?
[/quote]

bad idea, fix a flat covers the inside of your wheel with that **** (its NASTY), not to mention, the spare tire isn't that much weight anyways. Just leave it in there, its not worth the hassle to drop 15 lbs, which you won't even notice anyways. Go on a diet instead.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Get one of those Lincoln spare tire covers and bolt to the trunk or hatch lid, then your ride will really be pimped out. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
[quote author=micven55 link=topic=72386.msg1276522#msg1276522 date=1174326047]
Get one of those Lincoln spare tire covers and bolt to the trunk or hatch lid, then your ride will really be pimped out. :klavergreg:
[/quote]
Doin' it Jeep Style!

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
or you could just strap it to the roof, Land Rover style

1 - 7 of 7 Posts