Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed their 3 pulling slightly to the right? Mine does and I only have about 2700km on it, I haven’t hit any big potholes :(

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
just get it realigned no biggie...i had that too

·
Registered
314 Posts
Same here, pulled to the right and the steering wheel was crooked to the left. I had to maintain the steering wheel pointed to the left for the car to go straight. The alignment is free for 1st year you own the car... so go back to the dealer and get it done.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yep same thing. well..it didn't really pull to the left, but the steering wheel is just a tad turned to the left. It drives me nuts if i look at it. It is just so slightly off. I guess i'll get it realigned when i bring it in for my first oil change.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Don't most new cars pull to the curb anyway (given that the road is curved for water to run off). I know that our 2004 accord, 2001 mazda mp3 and 2001 honda prelude all do the same thing. Although I never noticed this on our 2002 acura 1.7 EL or 2002 honda civic.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
zimmerDN said:
Don't most new cars pull to the curb anyway (given that the road is curved for water to run off). I know that our 2004 accord, 2001 mazda mp3 and 2001 honda prelude all do the same thing. Although I never noticed this on our 2002 acura 1.7 EL or 2002 honda civic.
Not supposed to...to my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
M3-GT said:
Not supposed to...to my knowledge.
So we have 3 cars out of 5 with bad alignments off the truck? Who's the bastard that told me its perfectly normal? :shock: :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had my car in at the dealer a few days ago to check this problem. They put it on the alignment machine, and the alignment was perfect!!! I was actually there to see it. It would seem to me that it pulls to the right for the exact reason that "zimmerDN" described. Roads are sloped to the right for water run off, and the car follows the slope. So I guess it is perfectly normal.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
This pulling to the right thing annoys the heck out of me too (on my other cars). I wonder if everybody is experiencing the same thing on their 3's or just on certain cars (even though its perfectly normal for it to be doing that).

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe they should actually make all the cars purposefully pull to the left, so that when driving on a road sloped to the right your car would actually go straight!!! But as aside note, i have noticed the same thing on both my parents cars, a Civic and an Acura 3.2TL.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Went to the dealer for an alignment. They told me it was near perfect and that it is now "perfect".

As you guys describe, my car still pull to the right and driving on the highway's left lane (pulled to the left) confirmed that the alignment may be good but the car is very sensitive to road curve.

If you guys find an alignement trick to reduce that effect, let us know !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check the air pressure in your tires, that might be it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Pulls to the right

Had it aligned, it was only slightly better. Pretty much the same as the "nearly perfect" issue.

The suspension in the newer cars are very very sensitive. They truely always follow the run-off. Also, if you have a person in the front passenger seat who's fairly heavy, the car will require that you steer left to keep it going straight when there's a slope on the road for run-off.

It's f-ing annoying, I agree. My buddy's 2003 Civic Si does the exact same thing. His Altima does not though.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
most cars should actually pull slightly to the right for safety reasons (not hard to the right thought).

It's so if you pass out behind the wheel, and are not touching it, the car can go off the road away from oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
A little sad story of my car when I brought her to the dealer for 3k oil and alignment:

Checked in and sat down to watch news/tv. Got caught up in some news thing that I didnt realize it was nearing noon. I went in at 9ish. I question my service advisor about the progress of my car. He explained the alignment computer didnt have the Mazda3 in the system and they had to retrieve the info from Mazda directly. He assured me it would only be another 10 mins or so.

Few minutes later, I see my car pull around. Im still in the customer waiting area. Get a page from the cashier and picked up my paperwork. I walk out to my car and noticed it was parked REALLY close to a Mazda Tribute. Didnt cross my mind twice, but it was a squeeze for me to get in. Once in, opened up the glove dropped the paperwork in, and raised my sight to the passenger side and noticed my side mirror was gone!!

In a rage, I back out, park in the middle of the road and hopped out to see my baby in pain. Glass was all over the floor and the side mirror itself was badly cracked. Looks like the moron that brought the car up side swiped the concrete pillar on the right.

I rush in to the service managers office and calmly told her, "your lot guy fucked up my mirror.. so come take a look". She was quick to apologize and assured me they would overnight a brand new mirror. Sure enough, Friday morning, she called and told me the part was in. I set the appointment for this coming Tuesday to have them install the part. I thought about calling them and asking if I can have the part and Ill bring the broken one back.

Its a minor problem that can be easily fixed. I was already getting agitated by the wait time. I scanned the whole car once I got home for any additional damage.. and none was found.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
cebo0650 said:
Maybe they should actually make all the cars purposefully pull to the left, so that when driving on a road sloped to the right your car would actually go straight!!! But as aside note, i have noticed the same thing on both my parents cars, a Civic and an Acura 3.2TL.
That would make it an easy Nascar conversion if it always pulls to the left :p mwa hahahaha

BTW, could it be torque steer too?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I doubt it could be torque steer because it pulls to one side constantly. If you really want to know the cause of it, try on the far left on a one way street to see if it pulls to the left too. :p

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
DAMN!! Where was this? At the dealer??

Geezous....

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Dealer... but not the one I bought the car from.

I going to think twice before I bring my car to them again....

·
Registered
351 Posts
I would have shoved the mirror up the kids arse.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts