Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Gang, I can't seem to find any solid information regarding the problem that I'm having so I'm just going to create a new thread. I have had my ProSport electric BG installed recently and the wiring is damn near perfect, however there remains a problem. The gauge goes bat shit crazy when plugged in, repeats the opening ceremony several times (like it is reseting itself), and then proceeds to beep at you flashing red and blue. The instructions from ProSport SUCK, absolutely SUCK. In otherwors, I can't honestly tell if there is a problem with the gauge and related equipment or the install. In the meantime the gauge is unplugged. I spent almost an hour trying to figure out the programming and I still don't understand how to save any of the settings. Oh and the gauge rests at 20psi and does not move if the vehicle is running or not.

Has anyone had a problem like this? If so, how the the hell did you fix it/program it? Talking dirty to it does NOT help, already tried. I am starting to wonder if it was worth saving money buying this gauge over a Defi. Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Discuss.

Thank you.

·
Registered
982 Posts
[quote author=Ramen_Noodle link=topic=133703.msg2873699#msg2873699 date=1232333238]
Alright Gang, I can't seem to find any solid information regarding the problem that I'm having so I'm just going to create a new thread. I have had my ProSport electric BG installed recently and the wiring is damn near perfect, however there remains a problem. The gauge goes bat shit crazy when plugged in, repeats the opening ceremony several times (like it is reseting itself), and then proceeds to beep at you flashing red and blue. The instructions from ProSport SUCK, absolutely SUCK. In otherwors, I can't honestly tell if there is a problem with the gauge and related equipment or the install. In the meantime the gauge is unplugged. I spent almost an hour trying to figure out the programming and I still don't understand how to save any of the settings. Oh and the gauge rests at 20psi and does not move if the vehicle is running or not.

Has anyone had a problem like this? If so, how the the hell did you fix it/program it? Talking dirty to it does NOT help, already tried. I am starting to wonder if it was worth saving money buying this gauge over a Defi. Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Discuss.

Thank you.
[/quote]

You either royally screwed up the install or you got a jacked up gauge. Call Prosport.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=LBV link=topic=133703.msg2874331#msg2874331 date=1232372993]
I just posted up my older how-to here if u wanna download it (Word file) ... post #9.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4321373#post4321373

[/quote]

I actually used this as a quick referance guide during the install, nice write up btw. I don't believe wiring may be the problem but potentially the sensor or the gauge itself. I guess I'll contact ProSport and try to get this cleared up. I was just hoping it would be something easy.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be sending the sensor box to ProSport for testing. Has this been a common problem with this particular brand of gauge or is this just an inherent problem with electrical boost gauges?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope getting this sensor replaced actually does the trick. Makes me wish I would've just used a mechanical boost gauge instead. Oh well, too late now. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.