Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did a 4x drain and fill and per the manual it says to let it run for 2 minutes, put it through the gears, put in park and check while still running. Did that, but I don't believe the reading. Any input?

·
Registered
880 Posts
What I did when changing mine was, take two clean and empty water jugs (1 gallon each) and poured what was drained in the pan into one jug. Than I took the new fluid and poured it into the other jug and lined them up next to each other but added a bit more to the new stuff due to what sticks in the drain pan. This way I know what I got out and what to put back in. Then I check the dip stick. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
[quote author=SilverM3S link=topic=71011.msg1248418#msg1248418 date=1173056403]
What I did when changing mine was, take two clean and empty water jugs (1 gallon each) and poured what was drained in the pan into one jug. Than I took the new fluid and poured it into the other jug and lined them up next to each other but added a bit more to the new stuff due to what sticks in the drain pan. This way I know what I got out and what to put back in. Then I check the dip stick. Hope that helps.
[/quote]

I *almost* did the same thing. I filled a gallon jug with 3, 3-1/2, and 4 quarts of water. I made a mark with a sharpie each time, so I ended up with 3 marks on the jug. Then, I poured all of the old fluid into the jug (I let it drain out of my brand new container for about an hour) and it came up to 3-1/2 quarts. So now I know, it's 3-1/2 quarts each time on my car, on my ramps, ect...

Darryl

·
Registered
54 Posts
[quote author=YellowM3 link=topic=71011.msg1246675#msg1246675 date=1172960418]
Just did a 4x drain and fill and per the manual it says to let it run for 2 minutes, put it through the gears, put in park and check while still running. Did that, but I don't believe the reading. Any input?
[/quote]

I drive around for 5 minutes...pull up on a level surface...shift through all the gears...put it in park...and chedk the level with the engine is running.

Looks pretty similar to what you're doing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=alecshawn link=topic=71011.msg1247175#msg1247175 date=1172983878]
Let it set a couple of minutes.."OFF".Whatever is on the dipstick is what it is... :?
[/quote]

I'm pretty confident I exchanged the correct amount; the above is where I'm receiving a full reading, but still makes me cautious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts