Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i dont know if this was answered and did a search and found nothing. I wanted to know what the proper way of shifting tiptronic works? What i do (treat it as a manual) i go to the RPM i want, let go of gas (for about a second) shift up and then quickly put foot back on gas which then accerlarates the car.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it, it just makes more sense to me. Kind of defeats the purpose of shifting if you just keep your foot on gas and shift, not fun. Does the way i do it have any affects to my tranny?

·
Registered
472 Posts
thats how i do it, if i keep my foot on the gas while shifting, it tends to stick at that RPM for a couple seconds than decides to shift, it's an annoying hesitation. But if i lift my foot off the gas for a split second, then shift, then put my foot back on the gas its a smoother shift, and a bit quicker.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats what i wanted to fnd out, just thought i was the only one that did it and didnt want to look like a loser lol. good to know i'm not alone in this world!

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Might result in faster shifting through tiptronic, but it is going to yeild lower acceleration (at least in comparison to full auto mode).
-Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts