Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if this is common programming to all mz3's or jsut at my dealership.
when i have the engine running, i cannot use the remote to lock the car(common i assume since it says u cant do this in the manual) but... when i press the lock button on the door, it will not allow me to lock the doors with the driver door open.

i assume i can close the driver door and lock with my 2nd key, did not try this yet.

but if i were to take the car to the dealership, would they be able to program it so that i could use the remote to lock the car while key is in? or atleaast program it so i could lock the doors with driver side open while engine is running.

thnx

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
314 Posts
No, it is like that by default. I don't think you can reprogram it. When the key is in the ignition, the remote no longer works and you cannot lock the doors via the switch. You can lock all the doors, manually open the driver door and get out, but you will have to lock it again using your 2nd key. It will lock all the doors when you turn the key.

·
Registered
753 Posts
nmack said:
but if i were to take the car to the dealership, would they be able to program it so that i could use the remote to lock the car while key is in?
I hope so. If not you just have to trick the brain: cut the ignition power wire (or throw in a switch if it's needed for anything else). I've done that on a few alarms. Some need the ignition signal to reset so you can put that in parallel with a convenient power source or put in a switch.
Hopefully it can just be dealer programmed. I want to get rid of the two-touch keyless entry as well. I'd prefer one press to open all doors.

Does anyone know how to program the keyless entry system? I'd prefer to be able to do it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts