Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bolt they sent that runs through bottom and top mount was to small in diameter for the bushings resulting in a loud clunk when power is applied to engine, especially now that its warmer and the rubber is softening.
Has anyone else had these problems?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: problems with PT-performance trans mount

i would help you, but i don't understand what you're talking about. would you please rephrase the sentence?
what's the problem with the bolt?
is your only problem that you can't get the top piece to fit over the bushing?
i had this same problem. i put the top part of the mount on the curb and hit it stretching those two pieces apart

·
Registered
4,723 Posts

He is saying that the hole in the bushing is larger than the thickness of the bolt.

Let me reprase it again in a slightly less appropriate manner ;)

He's got a hotdog in a hallway

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=137447.msg2963998#msg2963998 date=1235693770]
He is saying that the hole in the bushing is larger than the thickness of the bolt.

Let me reprase it again in a slightly less appropriate manner ;)

[/quote]
precisely, it was hard to get those pieces together for the install back in dec. I've been driving it
every day until recently there would be a big clunk when applying power.
today i took it out, the rubber and metal bushing inside the lower piece
was shredded apart due to the "hotdog in the hallway"
I'm getting in contact with pt and sending it back.
I replaced it with the stocker, the lock-tight is curing now and there is room for a
nut on the underside of the bolt that breaks. I didn't put in in just in case it would
put more stress on the bottom support.

·
Registered
208 Posts

/nofx

that's probably just the powdercoating. you can muscle that bolt through there if you patiently eat away the black pc.
or the bolt slightly in there and start threading it into the powdercoating slightly, then bang with a mallet or hammet gently to work the bolt through.
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...
which way is the bushing oriented on your mount?
does the bolt go passenger to driver?
or does the bolt go in facing front and rear?
you know what i mean?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Guys i'm not worried about installing it, i did that 2 months ago.
I was just wondering if anyones rubber bushing has blown apart like mine did.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
answer my question. which way does the bushing face?
the reason i ask is because john issued a recall on the ones facing front to back. there is a thread about it on one of the other forums.
now answer the question!!!!!!!!!!!
and then i will be able to answer yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to add - ahhh, i see your pic...get in touch with john or nik at ptp. tell them you need a new tranny side mount. the one you have is the recalled one

·
Registered
2,651 Posts

[quote author=CoolMS3 link=topic=137447.msg2965381#msg2965381 date=1235756765]I was just wondering if anyones rubber bushing has blown apart like mine did.[/quote]

I didn't see the response above me. Nevermind.

·
Registered
208 Posts

[quote author=Ryz link=topic=137447.msg2965656#msg2965656 date=1235764110]
[quote author=CoolMS3 link=topic=137447.msg2965381#msg2965381 date=1235756765]I was just wondering if anyones rubber bushing has blown apart like mine did.[/quote]

It looks like you tightened it down to the point that it cut into the bushing. This will not happen if washers are used.
[/quote]

probably not...there is a recall on this mount

·
Registered
13,452 Posts

[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=137447.msg2963998#msg2963998 date=1235693770]

[/quote]

Have I heard that before!

·
Registered
208 Posts
[quote author=steven88 link=topic=137447.msg2965932#msg2965932 date=1235771503]
i can't tell by the picture...but does he have the gen 2 mount?
[/quote]

he doesn't. if you look at that piece he pictured, that is the one that attaches to the actual tranny. the two holes line up toward the front of the vehicle. the one hole side is toward the rear of the vehicle, meaning his bushing is facing front to rear. hence, gen1 mount.
turnaround for these mounts is mad quick. there is a thread about this recall on one of the other boards, if you want the link, email me at pxcbell [[[at]]] gmail dot com. i don't think i can post links here, eh?

but op should just box that shit up, send it to ptp
PTPerformance
18502 SE 263rd St
Covington
put your name, address, telephone number, and email address on a sheet of paper in that box. and ask for the upgraded mount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=phillyb link=topic=137447.msg2965628#msg2965628 date=1235763364]
answer my question. which way does the bushing face?
the reason i ask is because john issued a recall on the ones facing front to back. there is a thread about it on one of the other forums.
now answer the question!!!!!!!!!!!
and then i will be able to answer yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to add - ahhh, i see your pic...get in touch with john or nik at ptp. tell them you need a new tranny side mount. the one you have is the recalled one
[/quote]
thx alot phillyb, it all makes sense now, yes it is the 1st gen, i had no idea about this recall.

·
Registered
208 Posts
no problem man. send that shit back to them. i also sent john a link to this thread so he should be expecting a box from you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts