Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a ddm kit from oliver with the lifetime warranty and one of the lights just recently went out on me. so i contacted oliver through email and the forums like anyone would to get the replacement kit. its been two weeks now and i havent had one reply from oliver.

questions:

1) did anyone else have this problem with oliver?
2) should i file a complaint?
3) should i get my money back?
4) why does it take so long to reply to a simple email?
5) am i just being impatient even though its been 2 weeks and i havent had
a reply?
6) how does the warranty replacement even work?
7) does he just send the kit without even telling you cuz if he did i'd feel like a real dumbass?

·
Registered
372 Posts
1. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Oliver and his customer service
2. Dont file a complaint just yet...try to email him again.
3. I dont think you should get your money back, he will def take care of you!
4. It might take long due to email errors...he might have never even got the email. He might be behind, or made a mistake and over looked it by accident. I can assure you he is NOT avoiding you.
5. I dont think 2 weeks is being impatient.
6. If it is something under warranty, he will have you ship it back and he will promptly send you out a replacement part for it.
7. Usually he wont send something out until he recieves the broken part for testing.

Try to contact him again, I know for a fact he is not avoiding you. He and other sponsors on the site are known for their good customer service!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
If you're in a time crunch and can't wait, then you can contact dabears2k and he should be able to warranty them for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
olivier is a great person to deal with, no doubt. i had the same issue, one of my bulbs blew and he exchanged it for me, no questions asked - all i had do was send the bulbs back to him. he even let me exchange for a diff bulb color :Hi5:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I ordered a DDM kit from him and it arrived with a broken bulb. The packaging was definitely not suitable for shipping, just a cardboard box with everything thrown in loose and no packing material or anything. After a few emails back and forth he seemed to be trying to help, even made it sound like he was working on a claim. Then he just stopped communicating. I sent a few more emails and never got any replies. After seven weeks I've given up, accepted I've been screwed and got on with my life.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=manny link=topic=139915.msg3015706#msg3015706 date=1237957300]
If you're in a time crunch and can't wait, then you can contact dabears2k and he should be able to warranty them for you.
[/quote]

he'd actually give me a product that i didn't buy from him??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=Screwd up 6 link=topic=139915.msg3015679#msg3015679 date=1237956317]
1. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Oliver and his customer service
2. Dont file a complaint just yet...try to email him again.
3. I dont think you should get your money back, he will def take care of you!
4. It might take long due to email errors...he might have never even got the email. He might be behind, or made a mistake and over looked it by accident. I can assure you he is NOT avoiding you.
5. I dont think 2 weeks is being impatient.
6. If it is something under warranty, he will have you ship it back and he will promptly send you out a replacement part for it.
7. Usually he wont send something out until he recieves the broken part for testing.

Try to contact him again, I know for a fact he is not avoiding you. He and other sponsors on the site are known for their good customer service!
[/quote]

so i have to actually send the broken assembly back to him???

if i knew this i would of done it 2 weeks ago

and yes i have emailed him every other day after the first week i didnt get a reply...i even went as far as looking for his posts and trying to communicate with him through that but still nothing

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
[quote author=Screwd up 6 link=topic=139915.msg3016196#msg3016196 date=1237991422]
Wow thats totally not like him...sucks that you had that happen!
[/quote]

I can only judge from my experience. In my experience that [i[is[/i] him. YMMV and that's cool.

Whatever, the DDM kit I bought from dabears2k last year works just fine so I cannot knock the product. His responses to emails were quick and helpful, though I have not had to go through any warranty/return type issues with dabears2k, just info/confirmation stuff.

I'm sure the kit I received from XenonExpert works fine too, except for the broken bulb. This is not a materials/workmanship warranty issue, simply the result of careless packaging by the vendor. I never expected any sort of manufacturer warranty coverage but I hoped maybe Olivier would at least give me an RMA and return address so I could ship the broken bulb back and get a new one. I doubt I actually would have done so as the shipping costs are more than the value of the bulbs but the way things have been handled is simply ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
[quote author=SpEedyCWP3 link=topic=139915.msg3016939#msg3016939 date=1238010612]
[quote author=manny link=topic=139915.msg3015706#msg3015706 date=1237957300]
[/quote]

he'd actually give me a product that i didn't buy from him??
[/quote]

thats what i did...you have to pay 10 bucks for shipping or something like that. But it was worth, being a commuter student, I can't afford for my lights to be out. I sent them in for warranty and had em back in no time.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=SpEedyCWP3 link=topic=139915.msg3015665#msg3015665 date=1237955633]
i purchased a ddm kit from oliver with the lifetime warranty and one of the lights just recently went out on me. so i contacted oliver through email and the forums like anyone would to get the replacement kit. its been two weeks now and i havent had one reply from oliver.

questions:

1) did anyone else have this problem with oliver?
2) should i file a complaint?
3) should i get my money back?
4) why does it take so long to reply to a simple email?
5) am i just being impatient even though its been 2 weeks and i havent had
a reply?
6) how does the warranty replacement even work?
7) does he just send the kit without even telling you cuz if he did i'd feel like a real dumbass?

[/quote]

We have a new spam filter and it seems that it was sent to a too agressive setting. We never got your email in our inbox. I see that you PMed me but you didn't include your name so there's no way for us to find your order and help just with your forum's alias...

Please reply to the PM I sent you and we will take care of it.

Oliver

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=balding geezer link=topic=139915.msg3015826#msg3015826 date=1237964775]
I ordered a DDM kit from him and it arrived with a broken bulb. The packaging was definitely not suitable for shipping, just a cardboard box with everything thrown in loose and no packing material or anything. After a few emails back and forth he seemed to be trying to help, even made it sound like he was working on a claim. Then he just stopped communicating. I sent a few more emails and never got any replies. After seven weeks I've given up, accepted I've been screwed and got on with my life.
[/quote]

We don't screw people. You really think we would still sell stuff and be sponsors here after 5 years if we were dishonest? No.

We don't ship broken stuff. If your bulbs arrived broken, we need to file a claim with fedex. PM me your name and we'll check it out.

Oliver

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=balding geezer link=topic=139915.msg3017025#msg3017025 date=1238012995]
[quote author=Screwd up 6 link=topic=139915.msg3016196#msg3016196 date=1237991422]
Wow thats totally not like him...sucks that you had that happen!
[/quote]

I can only judge from my experience. In my experience that [i[is[/i] him. YMMV and that's cool.

Whatever, the DDM kit I bought from dabears2k last year works just fine so I cannot knock the product. His responses to emails were quick and helpful, though I have not had to go through any warranty/return type issues with dabears2k, just info/confirmation stuff.

I'm sure the kit I received from XenonExpert works fine too, except for the broken bulb. This is not a materials/workmanship warranty issue, simply the result of careless packaging by the vendor. I never expected any sort of manufacturer warranty coverage but I hoped maybe Olivier would at least give me an RMA and return address so I could ship the broken bulb back and get a new one. I doubt I actually would have done so as the shipping costs are more than the value of the bulbs but the way things have been handled is simply ridiculous.
[/quote]

Did you know that our orders ship from the same warehouse as Dabears? So it's the same packaging as Dabears and DDM.

Oliver

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=renown link=topic=139915.msg3015765#msg3015765 date=1237959711]
olivier is a great person to deal with, no doubt. i had the same issue, one of my bulbs blew and he exchanged it for me, no questions asked - all i had do was send the bulbs back to him. he even let me exchange for a diff bulb color :Hi5:
[/quote]

Thank you.

Oliver

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Bad service, wrong parts, never answers emails, blamed everything on DDM & myself, and is in general a inept person, yep sounds like my experience too.
Took 2 mos to get return kit to send off my bulbs.
Took 45 days to tell me nothing was wrong with my kit, (there still WAS).
Charged me $20 to get my kit back after he told me he would cover S&H.
And I still have same kit that doesnt work!!!!!!!!

Anyone wanna buy a 6k DDM kit cheap :lol:?

Buy from Dabears, I wish I did.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=kas79 link=topic=139915.msg3030057#msg3030057 date=1238537082]
Bad service, wrong parts, never answers emails, blamed everything on DDM & myself, and is in general a inept person, yep sounds like my experience too.
Took 2 mos to get return kit to send off my bulbs.
Took 45 days to tell me nothing was wrong with my kit, (there still WAS).
Charged me $20 to get my kit back after he told me he would cover S&H.
And I still have same kit that doesnt work!!!!!!!!

Anyone wanna buy a 6k DDM kit cheap :lol:?

Buy from Dabears, I wish I did.
[/quote]

DDM handled warranty and the testing of your kit. They won't warranty and replace a part that works. If your kit doesn't work then it's your install that is faulty. Don't blame everybody because you didn't get the answer to the warranty testing you wanted to hear. Xenon Expert, DDM or Dabears testing is the same and gives the same result. The part works. Period.

Olvier

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
See what I mean its all my fault.
Im a technician for a manufacturing facility, if I can tear down and rebuild $150,000 machines I can plug in some headlights.

Tab A + Slot B HMMM no light gee lets me think...... THE FUCKING LIGHTS DONT WORK PERIOD.

Choke on it asshole Im gonna get my $30 dollars back outta you one blown sale at a time.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=kas79 link=topic=139915.msg3030094#msg3030094 date=1238538270]
See what I mean its all my fault.
Im a technician for a manufacturing facility, if I can tear down and rebuild $150,000 machines I can plug in some headlights.

Tab A + Slot B HMMM no light gee lets me think...... THE FUCKING LIGHTS DONT WORK PERIOD.

Choke on it asshole Im gonna get my $30 dollars back outta you one blown sale at a time.
[/quote]

Nice. That's classy. Calling me an asshole because I told you DDM tested your part and it worked. Very classy. I can argue with DDM all day but even though you're a tech and tell them that, if they test the part you sent and it works then it works for them.

Now, if you don't agree with their findings, there's no need to be vulgar and start calling people assholes....Please feel free to call DDM and tell them yourself that you are right and they are wrong: 858-565-1742

Oliver

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The guys got complaints all over the board. Sponsor or not, he's not a reliable vendor. Read any thread in the lighting section and their is someone looking for him, following his posts, to try to get him to respond to their emails. I have a right to pass my negative experience on to others.

Next time with more restraint, but the message is the same.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts