Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back window seems to get very spotty. Sometimes there are a lot of white "fog" spots on the rear window all along the defroster lines. Does anyone know what this is.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i have that too! i have no clue what it is!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
This is normal, as other MZ3 owners have reported, but I don't know the exact reason. I think it has to do with the tinted glass. If you look at other cars, you will notice the same thing occurring. I have the same spots on my Contour.

·
Registered
519 Posts
other cars meaning.... other mazda3's experience this spotting or all cars in general?

does it really affect vision that much? or just an annoyance?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
the spots, if we're talking about the same thing, i saw on the rx8 too

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I meant other makes of cars. I looked at all the cars parked in my row at my apartment, and all had spots on the back window. I don't notice them, unless I am looking at the rear window from the outside. No visibility problems in my Contour.

·
Registered
273 Posts
it has to do with the warmer air inside a car mixing with the cold air outside, and it has patches evenly do to the way glass is made, therefore it has spots :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try taking a damp towel and wiping down the inside of the back window. Its not an area I clean a lot and it actually collects a lot of dirt around the defrost lines.

·
Registered
882 Posts
All cars in general. You can really see it if you wear polarized sunglasses and you are driving behind other people. Cleaning sometimes helps but it's almost always just a visual effect.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
remove the window - problem solved.

:)

·
Registered
519 Posts
mmm... mazda3 convertible.... 8)

although the boot space would really lose out... unless they take out those useless back seats? :)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah, but then it becomes a pickup. :)

I've got a quick question, since we are on the topic of windows - does your moon roof open all the way back into the roof of the car? My Protege used to disappear completely, but I noticed the 3 roof doesn't seem to do that - or at least mine doesn't. I can take a photo later if you are confused.

·
Registered
670 Posts
if you use polarized sunglasses and look at cars on the hwy., you'll see a bunch of spotts on about 80% of the cars on the road, it just make it show up more vivid without the glare.

·
Registered
670 Posts
All the glass on car windows have a film on both sides, so in the event of a crash it doesn't break off into sharp shards of glass. what you are seeing is small bubbles of gas under the film. it
s b/c the car was manufactured in a different climate than where you see it turn up. Like, if you went to detroit and bought a new ford you wouldn't see it, but if you bought the same car in florida, it would be very prominant.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts