1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mzd3 afficcionados,

I got a GT w/ GFX sedan.
I just noticed (and some other board member also) that the nozzle spray
doesn't shoot all the way up the windshield ?

The left hand side mirror looks kind of distorted to me bothering my eyes.
Anyone with the same problems ?

thanks!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
i haven't tried the windshield sprayers yet, but i have noticed the driver's rearview mirror seems distorted somehow. maybe it's convex, to give a wider angle of view? i dunno.

·
Registered
32 Posts
YES! The driver's mirror seems distorted to me, too! My fiancee doesn't think so, but it is clear that it is to me!

Do either of you have astigmatism? I do, but she doesn't...it's the first thing I thought of...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
All my mirrors seem distorted...

I guess it must be the XXX working its magic :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I can forgive airbag sensor issues, cels and even poorly tuned rear brakes (growing pains, right ?)..but distorted mirror's ? I mean..jeezus..mirrors were perfected hundreds of years ago. You'd have to really go out of your way to screw this up. IF this is true, then I've just lost a dump truck load of respect for Mazda. Distorted mirrors...that's plain idiotic.

rant over.

vermin

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
vermintrex said:
I can forgive airbag sensor issues, cels and even poorly tuned rear brakes (growing pains, right ?)..but distorted mirror's ? I mean..jeezus..mirrors were perfected hundreds of years ago. You'd have to really go out of your way to screw this up. IF this is true, then I've just lost a dump truck load of respect for Mazda. Distorted mirrors...that's plain idiotic.

rant over.

vermin
Yeah when I look at a car in my mirrors it's red and then when it passes me it's black... :roll:

For the nozzles, take a small screwdriver and just push the inside part the way you want until it's adjusted the way you like it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i really dont see this problem......i kept looking at my mirrors this morning while driving trying to figure out what u guys r talking about....but i really just dont see it.

someone wanna give a more detailed description of this problem and which mirror exactly it is?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
i really dont see this problem......i kept looking at my mirrors this morning while driving trying to figure out what u guys r talking about....but i really just dont see it.

someone wanna give a more detailed description of this problem and which mirror exactly it is?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
First of all the issue of distorted mirrors.
I thought they'd look a bit different too, but not having the problems as mentioned by u guys. They were fine to me. I'll check it out again tomorrow.

As to the wiper spray, I just think that it was designed to let u spray even when u're driving, cuz if it sprays too high, and ur car is moving, then all the water will just go over ur roof ..LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Inno said:
As to the wiper spray, I just think that it was designed to let u spray even when u're driving, cuz if it sprays too high, and ur car is moving, then all the water will just go over ur roof ..LOL
I disagree, if anything it'll be the other way round. When you're stationary they should shoot higher...because when you're travelling at speed the wind (due to your speed) will push the water onto the screen a lot earlier than if you were stationary!

As for the mirror issue...cars here in ol' blighty have blindside mirrors where the edges are distorted so you can get a better view of your blind spot, i'm guessing this is just the driver's side.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah sprayers are fine to me, they work reall well IMO, I like the side to side spray they do when you are spraying them full on and they spray at about my eye level if I remember right, which works OK for me. And the mirrors seem fine to me, I haven't had any visibility or distortion issues with them and I have astigmatism, though I do wear glasses/contacts for it which anyone with astigmatism should be doing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Anybody know how to adjust the nozzles? The passenger side on mine doesn't spray high enough and these new nozzles look slightly different from the old style ones. Don't want to bust anything.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
bobmtb said:
Anybody know how to adjust the nozzles? The passenger side on mine doesn't spray high enough and these new nozzles look slightly different from the old style ones. Don't want to bust anything.
For the nozzles, take a small screwdriver and just push the inside part the way you want until it's adjusted the way you like it.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Holy crap bluntman... Ricers do make him cry....

My nozzles only make it about half way up the window, but they like to "mist" EVERYWHERE, so I'm not in the mood to tamper with them.

I just miss the ability to spray water without actually forcing the wipers to move. That was a nice feature of my 1990 CRX.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think the mirrors ARE indeed convex...just a little, to bring the images in the mirror closer, but not as close as the passenger side, in which y they look a bit weird...but they work just fine

The wiper spray does "mist" and shoot at the middle height of the windshield only...

i forgot under which condition... but i was able to spray water first and not forcing the wipers to move...but that only happened once.. so i dun understand

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I haven't noticed it yet. I just thought the mirrors were a little small though That would support the theory of making them wide angle too.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
I haven't noticed it yet. I just thought the mirrors were a little small though That would support the theory of making them wide angle too.

no way.. they're not small at all.. and if u compare them with civics or corollas... Our mirrors r definitely bigger than theirs

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Inno said:
no way.. they're not small at all.. and if u compare them with civics or corollas... Our mirrors r definitely bigger than theirs
Don't know, it's been a while since I've been in a civic or corolla. I can say they are WAY bigger than the PT Cruiser I had.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
well.. i dunno about PT cruisers,

but i find our mirrors very big, even bigger than the current Camry (my family's other car) as well as many other mid-size cars on the market.

im not sure but i bet that the 3's mirrors r bigger than the 6's

1 - 20 of 34 Posts