Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok while i was on my way home today, i noticed when i shifted to 3rd it had like a double click and it feels a little funny kinda hard sometimes and i have to re-engauge it back to 3rd cause it wond let me not all the time but somtimes. this is my first stick shift car even thought i have a good experience driving stick, and anyways well it doesnt feel right. It almost hesitates to let me go into 3rd, well is it just me or should i have it checked out. All the other gears feel fine except 3rd. car only has about 181 miles on it. and i had it for about a week already.

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
254 Posts
i think some people were talking about a 'hard shift' between 2nd and 3rd, thought it was only the automatic sportshift though... sorry this wasn't more of a help. i'll look around for the thread and post it for you...

cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
king chile said:
i think some people were talking about a 'hard shift' between 2nd and 3rd, thought it was only the automatic sportshift though... sorry this wasn't more of a help. i'll look around for the thread and post it for you...

cheers
Yes, on the auto in sportshift mode...from 2nd to 3rd is a hard shift. Shifting to 3rd is quite quirky, but all the other gears are smooth as silk. When I'm in regular auto mode, then all the shifts are smooth...even 3rd. I'm not sure if this applies to the manual speed box or not.

Spencer

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
My car did this as well when it was very cold outside, usually once the transmission is warmed up I have no problems though.

Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well for the guys with manual automatic, most companies like Mercedes advise say not to use the manual part of the automatic until you have driven 1000 miles on the car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks king chile, BUT you guys, I HAVE A 5SPD. Like i said its not smooth like when i shift to 1st and 2nd but when it comes to 3rd, Its kinda rough. Well once again my car only has 180 miles.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nope

Mine is molasses until I drive the car around for 30 minutes in very very cold weather.

In my car, 1st to second is blah. I don't have any problems going into any other gears, including reverse.

My 2nd gear and 1st get double clicks, they're supposed to because they're dual-cone synchros for smoother shifting into those normally hard-to-go-in gears.

If you're having doubles in 3rd, it might not be a problem. If it's crunching at all, then yes-have someone take a look/feel.

Don't worry man, I've got major cases of newcarosis and I hear what you're saying. For your peace of mind, even the tranny has to break-in. You might want to go a few hundred more miles to see if it gets better/worse before they take a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts