Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this topic to see if I could find a similar topic, but I was unsuccessful - so here's my post.

I've noticed over the past week or so that my car idles a bit rough, not like it did for the first month I owned it. I'm on week 6 of owning the car. The car doesn't shake violently or anything that would cause you any kind of major alarm... but you can definitely tell that it's not purring quite as smoothly as it did before.

Has anyone else had this problem yet? If so, what was the problem?

My car is a 2.3, 5 door with about 1150 miles on it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
hey

Now there's been a lot of discussion about this with my friends off of the forum.

They suspect the rough idle is the crap that comes out of the engine during the break-in period.

If you're noticing this now, I'd just say go get an oil change. My buddy had the same issue with his Civic and as soon as he did the oil change it was fine.

The other likely candidate could be poor fuel. I'd try the oil change first, and if that's not helping try filling up with a different brand of gas that you've heard is decent in your area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if the fuel can be blamed. I was filling up at the same Texaco station when everything was running like a dream. I used the badass fuel on my first new tank because I wasn't aware that 87 was the recommended fuel type. Since that, I've been filling up with 87.

Will the dealer do the oil change under warranty, since it's causing a problem with the operation of the car - or am I gonna get stuck with the cost?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I think they'd do it at cost. They will just give you a line that it shouldn't be changed until the recommended miles.

don't get me wrong though, you can certainly try aguing to get it done. It's a brand-new car.

·
Registered
481 Posts
ive noticed the lumpiness in the idle too... was going to mention it at my first oil change (along with the sometimes working keyfob and grinding rear brakes)

·
Registered
28 Posts
:evil: I brought my 3 in over a month ago about this prob and they said its fine theres no rough idle. They hooked it up to a diagnostic machine took it out for a spin and again nothing. I still dont like the feel of it maybe I will try the oil change, I already tried the different fuel that did not help. :evil:

·
Registered
202 Posts
speaking of, my dad decided to have an LED scanner installed in my car one morning while i was sleeping. Although it was a nice thought, the feedback from the scanner somehow f*cked up the ECU and when i started the car to go to work, the idle was so rough and the CEL was on and i mean it felt like i was in a V8 car with broken engine mounts and bad suspension, it was that bad. After we took of the scanner we found out thats all it was, but it was scary.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Rough idle as in the car rattle? I was stuck in the traffic today and my car started rattling.

I have a feeling that is related w/ the fuel pump issue. After the rattle, my airbag lights turn on again~! I fixed it like last month, and my fuel pump is going to get replaced, but it's in backorder right now.

This is starting to get on my nerve, I'll bring it back to the dealer and then tell them I want my car to sit in their garage till they've everything fixed up for me. If there's still problem after this fix, I'm going to apply the lemon law on my car, cause it has been more than 4 times already w/ all similar problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts