Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas... anyone of you notice that the trim 'creaks' a little when going over alot of little bumps? specifically the trim that surrounds the buttons "am" "fm" "cd" etc... you touch the top of it and it 'creaks'. I had to insulate the decorative trim that's right about it; but cant seem to stop this other trim from creaking... anyone else??? kinda bummed since it got only 200 miles on it... or am i expecting too much????????too anal?
:roll:

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:
NOTE: Moved to Mazda3/Axela

·
Registered
63 Posts
<incoming message>

I feel for ya, but I wouldnt post TOO ANAL........had a very very bad mental image

<justa thought, shakes head to remove image>

yeesh

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have noticed some creaks coming form the glove box. The trim around the radio does creak when I push on it, but not when I go over bumps. However it has been like -15 C to -20 C here for the past few weeks, and plastics to have a tendency to creak when cold. I'm very hopeful it will go away once summer rolls around.

I got rid of my glove box creak by wiping some of that greasy/shiny interior cleaning stuff, you may want to try and get some of that into the crevices between the plastics to so if that helps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
teklis said:
<incoming message>

I feel for ya, but I wouldnt post TOO ANAL........had a very very bad mental image

<justa thought, shakes head to remove image>

yeesh
Honestly, what in HELL are you talking about? Do you even know what that word MEANS?

ANYWAY, sorry to hear about your rattles. Remember, you can't expect this car to be built like a Lexus, but it shouldn't be a rattlebox either. Perhaps it's just the weather, as some have suggested.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Creek

Creeks are normal for multilink suspensions. It'll be worse in time, give it about a year and as soon as you start backing up in the morning you'll hear a nice loud popping sound.

·
Registered
63 Posts
USCMazda3 chill out I was simply expressing the mental image I got when I saw the original comment.......take a chill pill.

If and when your car is parked and wont be driven in awhile a lil shot of WD-40 on the suspected area might do the trick, however WD-40 smells aweful

·
Registered
882 Posts
In case some of you haven't owned a Mazda before (as it may be with other car companies) the first service you bring it in generally includes:

- Oil Change

- Lube joints, hinges etc etc.

- Tighten suspension and other misc bolts.

It's not unusual as a car settles in to have to tighten things here and there, especially when you take into account the flucuations between cold and hot. It's the same thing when you install something on your motor like a supercharger for instance. They tell you in the instructions that after a certain amount of hours, days, weeks to go back in and tighten everthing down again because despite your best efforts when installing bolts and what not can back out a little on their own.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yes, i have started to hear a ratttle in the passenger door trim. it is actually pretty loud, when i press on the plastic pocket while i'm driving (pretty unsafe to do, but the sound was driving me nuts) the sound goes away, so i suppose it's a loose screw or something. I'm gonna bring it in asap to get it checked out.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
bump, i just experienced my first rattling lol...im at 1500 miles and i started to hear a rattle; sounds like near the glove compartment or maybe its hte passenger door, i have no clue where it is....but its driving me crazyy!!!!!!...

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Empty your door pockets and glovebox and leave ALL those items home, then go for a spin. That's how I eliminated a rattle in the PRO - the only rattle in 71.000+ kms :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
dinu01 said:
Empty your door pockets and glovebox and leave ALL those items home, then go for a spin. That's how I eliminated a rattle in the PRO - the only rattle in 71.000+ kms :)
Ditto.. in my Jetta I had this like, creeking rattle from the passenger side. Come to find out it was a drill bit.

Took it out and the noises stopped. Go figure eh :roll:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I had a rattle coming from the glovebox. The latch they use can be "wiggled" and it creates a creaking noise over bumps especially if there's a weight present. I had the manual sitting in the glovebox "tray" Once I removed it, the creaking was gone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts