Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running into this alot. I Have the Base GX (canada) with the con package, AC and auto. Once in a while my whole dash resets. My radio turns off and then greets me with that soon to be infamous hello message. The clock also resets (to 10:10 for some reason). Anyone else run into this problem or have any guesses? I'm going to go to the shop either this week or next week, but since its not a constant error and appears random, I don't know how long it will take to fix. :cry:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Take your car back to the dealer man... its something intermittant in the wiring. I'm guessing a loose fuse but it could be actual electrical wires

·
Registered
432 Posts
yesterday when i started my car .. the stereo back light was off.. just the display and the stereo controls.. the rest of the console was fine.. i restarted my car and it was back on again.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Aleksander_t said:
I have been running into this alot. I Have the Base GX (canada) with the con package, AC and auto. Once in a while my whole dash resets. My radio turns off and then greets me with that soon to be infamous hello message. The clock also resets (to 10:10 for some reason). Anyone else run into this problem or have any guesses? I'm going to go to the shop either this week or next week, but since its not a constant error and appears random, I don't know how long it will take to fix. :cry:
Ive seen this happen with many of the newer Chevy's (mostly Impala and Silverado) where the factory HU would reset every so often. One of my dealers found out it was a bad connection at the fuseblock. Another one found it was the HU itself.

Take it in and let them check it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it in, they said somthing about codes not getting sent in. They just orderd another cd player and said they would install it. I have to wait a long time though :evil:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah, mine doesn't display the ambient temperature.... ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
There has been cases (3-4 times) that the radio station changed by itself. But it hasn't happened recently and is quite random for me. Dunno if it is related.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That could be cause of the controls on the steering wheel, maybe?

The wheel may be rubbing the buttons, or shorting a wire, when you turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts