Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to posting in this forum but have been lurking since i got my car, a Black Mica 3s Sedan, but i had a problem at about 800 miles that really upset me. I was sitting in the car with it idling and the engine made a weird squeak sound. Then a light came on, the power steering failure light. Sure enough, I tried putting the car into gear (It's a 4-speed manumatic) and attempted to steer but to no avail. My power steering had indeed failed, so I pulled out the manual and tried turning off the car and turning it back on like the book said. I tried this three times and then drove it home with no power steering. When I tried to show my father the problem when i shut the car off, i turned it back on and the power steering was restored.

The next day while I was at work, my dad took my car to the dealership for me with working power steering, he loves the car too, and when they diagnosed the ecu and came up with a code. The only problem was they didn't know what it meant since that had no repair manuals or any technical info on the car they sold me so they had to call tech support :( .

The tech guys on the phone told them it was power steering and the whole electrical pump had to be replaced, so they did that. This was on thursday and they said it would be ready friday afternoon. So I went in on Friday and they said that they needed to calibrate the electric power steering pump to the ecu but didnt know how and that the tech people they needed to call wouldnt be in till monday, so they took back the rental (toyota echo) that they gave us and in turn gave me a brand new 2003 Protoge ES to drive till monday. They only did this because I am only 19 and too young to be insurable in a rental. I gotta tell you, I am surprised that the protege and the 3 have any relation whatsoever, even the manumatic shifters are different.

On monday I got my car back, this was when I was pissed. They had taken all the cd's out of my 6 disc cd changer and put one in that i didn't have in there, they stole a few dollars in quarters that I had for highway tolls and only left 50 cents. And there was a hairline scratch on my driver's side door panel just above and to the left of the speaker grille. :evil: I was really mad about all of that because I always have respect for another person's car and the only thing I would ever do is maybe put on the radio, but i wouldn't steal change, change cd's, or scratch it. I wish I had a way of redemption but the survey won't come in time and I hope I never have to bring my car in for service again.

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
31 Posts
wow

Thats f'ed up right there. You should definitely get on the phone with a general manager or service manager or somebody. Have those issues sorted out, and if they're not threaten to submit a formal complaint with Mazda themselves. FOLLOW THROUGH.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, that's definately a blatant disrespect for another's property. I think it's kind of funny, though, that the dealer had to keep calling tech support.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just need to find some free time to do this, I've been working and schooling a lot lately and just have yet to get to the dealership to complain. I am afraid to go though, because if I see one of the service people I may be tempted to kick the living sh*t out of them. :twisted:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did I also mention that they left all of my interior lights on overnight? The headliner was hot from them leaving them on.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What is the name of the dealership, Anarkraft? The least we can do is to generate some bad reps for them. You know about the survey, threaten to give them bad scores. They are ranked according to the survey and it all ties back to discount and incentives the particular dealer gets. They MUST get a PERFECT score (ALL 10) from you to pass, so even if you haven't gotten the report card, tell the manager what damage you can do.

In addition, report them to your local BBB! And your warranty is honored at other Mazda dealerships as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are Lou Bachrodt Mazda in FL, here is a link Lou Mazda. And they are a Chevy dealership too, they used to have daewoo and used cars, now mazda instead. I really need better luck with dealerships, I would have gone somewhere else but they are less than a 2 minute drive away from my home. :roll:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Anyone know what the mazda hq address is for complaints?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Actually, I think this is what I was after (i.e. a mailing address, but email is always good too!):

Mazda North American Operations
P.O. Box 19734
Irvine, CA 92623-9734
Attn: Customer Assistance Center

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
Actually, I think this is what I was after (i.e. a mailing address, but email is always good too!):

Mazda North American Operations
P.O. Box 19734
Irvine, CA 92623-9734
Attn: Customer Assistance Center (in other words the customer is pissed)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
LMAO....

Yeah, I probably should add that part, too!!

"Gee - I think this guy might be pissed off.... Let's escalate this!"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts