Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I'm certainly a devoted Mazda fan. Also, I devote myself to another theory. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I have 4 problems with my vehicle now, 3 is usually where I bring it in (minor issues). The 4th is a major one. List below:

Mazda 3 goes in tomorrow for servicing.

List of problems include:

1. Alignment issue, pulls to the right (bought it like that)
2. Alternator noise, possibly bad bearings (started at 900kms)
3. Minor balancing issue, will bypass this for now (bought it like that)
4. Airbag sensor malfunction (turned on the 3rd of February)

Car currently has 2040kms

EDIT: ***PLEASE SPECIFY THE BUILD DATE OF YOUR 3*** :twisted:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hopefully i dont experience the airbag issue....but the alignment im having to deal with also...will they do that for free when we bring it in? lol...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well... I got same issue as your car..
alignment issue where pulls to the right.
minor balancing issue.
brake noise

other than that.... no probs yet.. hope i don't get more problems.

·
Registered
272 Posts
YET AGAIN, all of these threads about problems are next to useless if people don't post build dates. Please people, come on.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
sorry guys...alrite ill repost what my problem is...basically just the alignment and good thing its covered so ill get my wheels aligned when i get my first oil change...and my build date is 11/03

·
Registered
28 Posts
Build date 10/03 Airbag sensor gone and my car also pulls to the right getting it fixed next week keep you posted :(

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry dude

Build date is 11/2004 how about them apples? It's fresh off the boat.

OK, so I brought the car into the dealer.

It will be 3-5 days for the part (who knows what to fix it). Some people in the forum are saying 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised. New car, new problems, new challenges. But that's what it's about to be the guinee pigs for these things. (bought the car as a change from Honda HOPING for some issues, and boy Mazda delivered! Older Hondas are boring..)

I'll definitely get the balancing and alignment done on top of the air bag sensor and alternator fix. They've got long enough to put some quality time into it now as I drive around my Kia Rio rental...UGH.

·
Registered
168 Posts
dinu01 said:
The allignment is covered until 20.000kms or 12 mths - so get it done NOW - don't wanna mess your tires.
Agreed, delaying this can cause uneven & premature wear. My other vehicle, an MPV, is also a type of vehicle that other owners have complained about wheel vibrations. To fix the vibrations, MPV owners have found the Hunter GSP9700 ( www.gsp9700.com ) to be one of the better alignment machines out there. If your dealership has problems fixing the vibration problems, try locating a shop with the Hunter machine using the link.

·
Registered
46 Posts
the hunter machine you mentioned is a balancing machine

·
Registered
314 Posts
Build Date: November 2003

Problem: Airbag light on since 1800Km, was on/off problem, but now it is always on. Waiting for parts from Mazda for fix. ETA for parts: 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
built: 11/03

only problem is the brake dust/grooved rotor problem so many people are talking about. just noticed it at 700 miles. going to take it in saturday.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
can anyone take pictures of their brakes as of current...like within the past week or so...

·
Registered
273 Posts
only one person in the US
maybe it has something to do with the Canadian 3's??
maybe the cold is messing with it

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Well I spoke too soon. Now I have that airbag problem too...yeah! ...NOT! So you can add me to the Canadians that have Mazda 3 airdag sensor too sensitive for our weather. Now I know why Nissan has their endurance test center in Canada.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts