Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP :( :shock: :?i just installed mazdaspeed sport springs for my 3 sedan, it has 18'' wheels with lo pro tires and the fenders cut the edge of the tires, it is only cutting the front right and the rear left, and i mean a s#$% load, on my way home today there were pieces hanging off hitting the edege of the front fender, i also noticed that the front right is lower than the front left, the distance between the tire and the fender is about a 1/2 lower on the right side where it is rubbing, i think this might contribute to the rear rubbing too, it does not constantly rubb but it is, i go super slow over bumps and up curbs, please help me with why the front right is lower than the front left and how can i fix it, because it is ruining my lo pro tires.
thanks ill post pics soon

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Re: PROBLEM! just got mazdaspeed lowering springs, fenders rub on tires cutting

I'm thinking we'll probably need to know the size of the wheels (width & offset) as well as the size of your tires

·
Registered
15,112 Posts

[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=66298.msg1137115#msg1137115 date=1168180644]
I'm thinking we'll probably need to know the size of the wheels (width & offset) as well as the size of your tires
[/quote]

What he said. Your offset and width might be some of your issues. Post that up for us and we'll be able to tell you if you are going to need to update your rims/tires. Yikes! :shock:

·
Registered
482 Posts

Unless the springs were, in fact, installed incorrectly, this has to be an issue with your wheel offset. I have been running the MazdaSpeed springs, with my 18x8's for almost a year now, and I have never rubbed at all. (48mm offset) If you could supply a little bit more info regarding your setup, it might aid in solving your problem. 8)

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
From the OP signature "18'' core racing wheels ".... tire size and wheel offset are the likely culprits....

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Some Options:

1. Flare fender wells by renting flaring tool or having it done at a tire shop (Tirerack can help locate one that does fender flaring)
2. New tires that are smaller in diameter to replace damaged tires.
3. Excessive negative camber adjusted yourself... lol
4. Back to stock springs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts