Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my GS auto for 2 days and tonight the car stalled in the middle of the traffic! It stalled while stopped and waiting at a red light on a up-hill road. Restart the car and everything works fine.

Later the night I drived the car around town and went to same location and repeat the same suitable but cannot reproduce the stall...

Checked all wire and vacum hose and everything seems fine. Will keep my eyes on it. However, I found the car sometime idle below 500rpm, does anyone know what is the idle rpm? Anyone experienced stall on a auto?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Idle is about 800 or so rpm.

And an auto stalling? yikes...

·
Registered
78 Posts
i never go a stall on a auto b4, u r the first that i know hahhaha

hope it will not happen again or u should just tell the dealer that it happen a few times and they will check it for u to make sure

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never go a stall on a auto b4
Same here :) Hope it's just a random insident... However, the dealer still owe me a pair of rear mud-guard and I'll get them check to see if any code was threw in the next visit...

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Not if your a Tribute/Escape owner... There've been numerous incidents where you'd be driving down a hill at 35-40mph and the car would stall. I believe it was due to a faulty PCM Power relay.

Good luck with your Mz3, hopefully it's just a freak incident!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Few years ago, our Pontiac Sunburst stalled, and it was an auto. But that car was really very old! I just hope that it was a one-off incident.

·
Registered
202 Posts
take it to the dealer, it will still bring up a code in the ecu even if the problem appears to be gone, happened with my power steering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts