Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching cars for months now, trying to figure out what I wanted to buy for my next vehicle. After visiting every car dealership in Schaumburg, IL (except the old-person brands), making a huge spreadsheet of the cars I was considering, going to the auto show, narrowing my choice down to two cars, and test driving them, I finally picked the Mazda3. I don't think I can express how much I have been obsessing over this decision, and I still can't belive that I have a NEW CAR sitting in my garage!

(The old car is still parked at the dealership, and I'll pick it up tomorrow. The trade in value was pretty sad, so I'm going to try to sell it myself - I can always give up and sell it to CARMAX later. Also, I got the car at Biggers Mazda, not Schaumburg Mazda.)

I talked myself into the fully loaded Mazda3s 4-door. Titanium grey, with black leather, and the flipping NAV system! This is the coolest car I've ever driven. I decided to get all the options because I realized this morning that unless I wreck it, this is the car that I'll have when I turn 30. (24 now) I got the automatic transmission because I don't know how to drive a manual and there are 28 traffic lights on my way to work. I still think that with all the options, it is a great value, especially compared with the other cars I was considering.

Wooo hooo! New Car!!!!!!

EDIT: Title :twisted:

·
Registered
193 Posts
straight... gott love the color choice... I got mine from Wilkins mazda... smart choice with the nav... its awesome, isnt it? post some pics, yes? show these peeps how we do in Illinois...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take some pictures tomorrow - I've got to show my family my new car too, and they are in New Jersey. My husband hasn't even come home from work yet, so even HE hasn't seen this car. The thing I like best about the color is that it is very close to 18% gray, which is what camera light meters are set for. Geez, I'm such a geek!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I approached the price as if I was getting bids from competitors. With the number of Mazda dealerships in reasonable driving distance from where I lived, I decided I would just pitch them against each other. Then I really only went to two. Schaumburg wouldn't tell me a price, then when I named a price (low, of course) they wouldn't tell me if I could get it at the price unless I agreed I was going to buy it. (Are they on crack? Did they work for Priceline? They didn't even had the car I wanted in stock!) Biggers told me outright I could buy the car from them for $21,470. That inlcudes destination fee, so it is about $300 over invoice - I thought it was a great deal and they had the car right there on the lot. Taxes here are 7.75%, and fees depend on the DMV in your state. I put down $3,500, got 2.9% financing for 48 months, and left with a new car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts