Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey sorry im not sure if this should be posted here or not but let me know. I was wondering where the cheapest place on the net would be to buy a magnaflow exhaust for a 06 2.3 5door?

please let me know i just got an itch to buy it and wanna get the best deal!

thanks!
and sorry again if this should have been posted somewhere else.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
check our sponsors. the money you spend with them goes right back into products for the 3 and running this board!!

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
magnaflow.... mmmmhmmmm. I had a custom bent (yea yea, i know- i couldnt afford mandrel and wasnt built enough it mattered) exhaust w/ a magnaflow muffler on it. I really liked the sound for the first couple years. Its been about 3 years, and its turned pretty raspy (what everyone calls "ricey") though. For the price, I think i definately would go with magnaflow again. Id be interested to see how the sound quality of their full exhaust holds up though- its a straight through round design; the muffler I had on mine was straight trhough oval- wonder if it affects the breakdown of sound.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I bought my magnaflow a little over a year ago from www.cvrmotorsports.com for $370 (no shipping charges) Installed it at exhaust pros for $54. Had no problems with cvrmotorsports, and they shipped quickly.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I actually just purchased it and it should be in next week!!!! It cost only 400 and that included shipping im really excited!

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote author=KieDoy link=topic=67887.msg1169923#msg1169923 date=1169807625]
Thanks everyone, I actually just purchased it and it should be in next week!!!! It cost only 400 and that included shipping im really excited!
[/quote]

Good!

And if anyone else is in the market, performancepeddler.com usually has some great prices! Filters, piping, mufflers, exhaust systems, brakes, etc.

I've bought many things from them, several mufflers, a resonator, etc, and have had a good experience and the best prices each time!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just bought an intake so I've been thinking about an exhaust. Not sure I want to drop 500 on a cat-back. I check both sites listed above and theu don't have anything for the 3. I was also wondering if I bought the muffler that comes with the cat-back if i'd get the same effect. Looking to let it breathe a little better without the raspy ricey sound. I think i'm too old for that. Any one have an idea what muffler comes with the cat back. I found a 6x6x14 on the magnaflow site.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah i have the same 06 2.3L 5dr and i was looking to get a magnaflow, the other seem kind of expensive, and the sound of the magnaflow is really amazing.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
[quote author=frf1218 link=topic=67887.msg1337345#msg1337345 date=1176607255]
I just bought an intake so I've been thinking about an exhaust. Not sure I want to drop 500 on a cat-back. I check both sites listed above and theu don't have anything for the 3. I was also wondering if I bought the muffler that comes with the cat-back if i'd get the same effect. Looking to let it breathe a little better without the raspy ricey sound. I think i'm too old for that. Any one have an idea what muffler comes with the cat back. I found a 6x6x14 on the magnaflow site.
[/quote]

Performance Peddler link: http://performancepeddler.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MAG15861

I have bought four exhausts and a Magnaflow cat from them. Their prices are good and their service is awesome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Still think 490 is too much. I still think just doing a muffler is more in my price range. Just curious if the muffler will sound ok with the rest of the stock piping.

·
Registered
614 Posts
check www.therpmstore.com I promise you will get a great price on a magnaflow exhaust. This is where I got mine and they are such a great company. Great service too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
[quote author=frf1218 link=topic=67887.msg1337345#msg1337345 date=1176607255]
I was also wondering if I bought the muffler that comes with the cat-back if i'd get the same effect. Looking to let it breathe a little better without the raspy ricey sound. I think i'm too old for that. Any one have an idea what muffler comes with the cat back. I found a 6x6x14 on the magnaflow site.
[/quote]

you most likely won't get the same gains considering stock piping is much smaller than the aftermarket cat-back. And a cat-back in general won't give big gains unless you delete the second cat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts