Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thecarconnection.com is estimating the base price to be $14,500.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I guess that would've been the smart thing to do. 8)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
So, in analyzing the article... If they say 14,500 for the 3i, perhaps we'll be seeing $17k or so for the 3s? That would sound good to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
is it US money ??? OR UK??? cus base 14,500 that is dayom cheap(price) if thas true, civics are GONE!! GONE I SAY!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure it's US dollars.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Looks like thecarconneection.com has an american audience in mind. Their corporate address is in MI and their editorial office is in GA, so I bet it's USD.

I so do love that price.

·
Registered
187 Posts
but what about options ... ?

Everyone is citing these baseline prices, yet in other threads there is talk of everyone wanting all the great creature comforts. Of course we all want HID, navigation system, leather seating, or any other goodies ... but for $14,500 you will not be getting any of that. The current ES (well-equipped) comes in at the low 17's. If you figure HID costs just under $1,000 and the navigation system is $2,000 (conservative estimate?) ... you're looking at a $20,000+ Mazda3 fully equipped, a far cry from $14,500 for the base model. And isn't the 3 supposed to have leather seats available too? I think I have seen pictures of it ...

I know the Protege5 currently comes in around $1,000 more than a fully-loaded ES, also (about $18K). Anybody agree or disagree with me here? Let's be realistic: what do you think all these high-end options will actually cost on the new 3?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Enthusiasts will want all the goodies, but people that are not enthusiasts won't need leather and HIDs or sunroofs, etc. Mazda's market is enthusiasts anyway, so I think we'll see quite a lot of mid and upper level trims being sold.

This is no Hyundai Accent GS.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When we cited $14,500, we meant the base model (the "I"), starts at $14,500. I read somewhere that the price difference between the '03 Protege and the '04 Mazda3 shouldn't be too dramatic. But if you are opting for the leather, HID's, and navi system, don't expect it to be anywhere around $17K. The navi system in the RX-8 is $2000 alone. HID's usually run $750 and leather is $800 (of course those are all ball park figures). I'm hoping the top of the line model is no more than $20K.

Just my two cents. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just a sunroof and a nice sound system is enough for me.

I'm treating a loaded Mazda 3 about the same as a loaded Focus ZTS/ZX3, in Canadian dollars it should be about 20,000CAD give or take 1 or 2 grand.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This article says the Mazda3 in the UK will go on sale in January starting at 11000 pounds. I converted that into US dollars and it's $18,261. Do cars in the UK generally cost more?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'm so confused... does the UK use Euros or Pounds?

It wouldn't make sense for a base model 3 to start at 18k... that's how much the 6 starts at.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts