Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've already read the entire thing. lol

Loaded sedan w/o an auto is $19696 USD. Hatch is $18500 or close to it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mazda 3 GT with GFX Group (My car...)

Base Price: 22,440$ CDN
Tax-in Price: 25,800$ CDN

With 5,000$ CDN Cashdown
Base Price: 17,440$ CDN
Tax-in Price: 20,060$ CDN

Let's say a 5.0% Financing on 5 Years, that makes CDN$352,05 per months + insurances !

It's still a nice price for a completly full car !

And don't worry about it, I will NOT get the GX ! Hehehe

-Frank

Note: The GX and GS models does NOT and WILL NOT have the 2.3L engine!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
hahaha... I just sent WestCoast Mazda an e-mail :)
This must be the response :)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I need you help:

Ok, here's what I'm wrestling with:

I'm looking at the GS and GT sedan. I found out I need to get the GT HB to get a sunroof and this is one thing I will not compromise on, so while the HB is more versatile it's also $23185 which is too much. I also have to account for our 15% taxes that will add significant $$$ to my payments.

So this is what I have so far:

1. GS, add A/C, Power and Sport: $20885
2. GT: $21345
3. GT w/GFX: $22440

The sensible choice is #1 but for only $460 I can get the 2.3L engine. Very tempting. But no sunroof. Not so tempting anymore... So let's click on the GFX for the GT - a difference after taxes of $1788 from #1.

Now here's the question: Is $1788+interest worth it for the 2.3L (like pzev I think the 148HP 2.0L w/MT will be enough for me - heck I have a blast with the 130HP A/T Protege), sporty bumpers and foglights?

The financially smart side of me says no.
The other says "#^@% !*", what's $30/60mths.

What will YOU do?

I'm leaning towards #1. I wanna know why I should spend the extra $1788 for the GT w/GFX.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personaly I say spend the extra $30 a month....if you don't, everytime you see one on the road you will be like "why didn't I just fork over the extra $30?". Not to say the car in option #1 isn't good, but if you keep the car for the full 5 years of the finance period, you will more than likely be earning more $$$ in the latter years, so $30 will probably be nothing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm sure I'll be in the same situation as you. I think in the other thread you said the titanium might be GT only. is that a factor for you? I've never actually seen that colour in person. only the occult online following it has on these mazda forums. I think there are other small thing that you are leaving out.
-Leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter
-Sport seats (two tone) I think
-17" wheels and tires instead of 16" (I know tires will cost more to replace in future and you will need to get steelies for winter which will increase cost)
-two tweeters
-Carbon like finish on center panel

So in conclusion. I personally am gonna try and get the fully loaded thing because it Its not too expensive for a new car and I plan on owning it for a long time. And I really want blue 2tone seats heh.

My advice for you is to either get it fully loaded OR just get option #1. and if you want to spend 1 grand on little stuff if you want when you have the money to spend.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Titanium or red or blue are fine with me.

As for the other small stuff, we'll have to see the fabric they use on the regular and sport seats. If its quality is like b/w the LX and ES Protege, the GT will be an easier choice.

The GFX package will be the same in Canada and the US - the European one might/should have slightly smaller bumpers. NA bumper tests are the toughest.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hmm... that's strange that they would charge an extra 1000 for A/C.

Isn't that standard nowadays?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts