Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows if the price of the MZ3 on the web site pretty close to the price offer by the dealer in Vancouver? Which dealer in Greater Vancouver Area offer the best services/price?

Would the price of new model car going to drop after awhile, a long while, or it may rise as if it becomes a good seller? Any evident from other car, such as the 03 Corolla or the Echo when it was introduced? Any comment?

·
Registered
452 Posts
the price on the canada mazda site is the same as the dealer's price...
the dealer cannot change the MSRP for the car...
they only can give u a deal...well..some money off on their own expense...
since there ar ppl who pre-ordered the car...the price will not drop in awhile...and they ar trying to sell out the MP5 first...so not much price drop or promotions for the Mz3 yet.....well until year 2004, then there will be a good chance...but not garanntee!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The dealers will probably charge a lot higher than the MSRP price because it's a new car. I remember a few years back that the Mazda Protege 5 was like 26,000 CDN sticker. I was like... "ya right!!!"

Price may drop after a while, but I think your best bet is to bargain down the price.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Supply>Demand=Surplus
Demand>Supply=Shortage

I'm guessing there will be a shortage of the 3.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yuki said:
o? they can change price on their own?? really...that's cheap man! :x
MSRP = Manufacture Recommended Resale Price

yeah, it's kinda cheap. but it also means that they CAN sell for less than the MSRP and not get penalized.
But yeah, most of the time, new cars will be priced quite high, although I think that nowadays they're beginning to match MSRP because of market competition

[/Econ Blab]

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think you mean Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

·
Registered
984 Posts
dugrant153 said:
schulkw said:
I think you mean Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.
oops! my bad :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks schulkw :D
You're welcome. Just in case it was a question on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, ya know.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Consumers are so used to the rebates, it's goign to be hard to wean us off of them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think buyers might have more bargaining ability with the sales people than we think. I spoke to a salesperson this morning from a Toronto dealership and arranged for a testdrive but mentioned I still had 4 more months of lease payments under my current car. The salesperson offered to pay for two payments, about $600 to get us into the car before the end of the year. Not bad for a new car... The same person also confirmed that prices will be as stated on the website.

Only problem is, this dealership, and I assume all others in the GTA won't be getting the Sport model in until the end of Nov / early Dec. Right now they have a Sedan with the GFX package. ... still going for a testdrive this Sat though!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Which dealer did you talk to?

Please ask them if they will be selling that sedan or will they only keep it for test drives. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
It was the "Downtown Mazda", i spoke to Ripon. He seemed really excited about this new car. Can't wait to go out in it. By the sounds of it, the car they have now, they want to use for testdrives, but I'm sure if someone came in and put an offer in they would take it. The one they have in stock is Sand Mica though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
mazda of brampton just got over 20 mazda 3's in last night, including the car i ordered. i pick it up either thursday or friday. They have pretty much every colour in both the sedan, sedan GT, and Sport GT, but they are selling fast.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Edmunds is projecting that it will be selling for around a $400-$500 discount from list at most U.S. dealers. When I've priced other new cars, I have been able to at least match the projected Edmunds price everytime, and beat it occasionally ... with a little work.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
That is good news.
I may still be in the market :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts