Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen Mazda offers two different types of carpeted floor mats. They have what I will call the "standard" mats and they also have the "Premium" mats.

At the Mazdastuff.com website, in the pictures they both look the same but one costs $60 and the Premium ones sell for $69.

Does anyone know what the difference is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
LOL.

But if anyone seriously can post some pics of the difference in these mats, I would like to see what you are getting for the $9.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think these are what they look like, sorry the image is a little small.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I think that is the difference - premium accessories are color matches for the interion (black, red, blue).

I've been considering the blue, but I don't want it to look silly either. I like the black look (minues seats).

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't know the exact difference, but the ones that came with my car seem pretty cheap, flimsy, "standard", even Wal-Mart-ish. I would think/hope that premium ones would be of a higher grade or quality.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could not resist the temptation and purchased the premium mats from Mazdastuff.com (very good service).

In addition to the red (or blue) lettering and binding around the edges, the main area of the mats have red (or blue) color running through it that looks slightly like the seat pattern.

The overall quality of the mat does not seem different than the standard mat so it is mainly the coloring that makes them "premium" (IMO).

However, I did notice the passenger mat is somewhat smaller than the standard mats that came with my car. The part that is smaller is the area that fits near the wheel well.

I will see if I can borrow a digital camera and get some pictures posted that will be easier to see the differences.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have them on my 3 and so far they seem to be holding up quite well. Whatever gets on them seems to come off easily. They look unbelievable. They really give the car an "up market" look.

·
Registered
238 Posts
MPower said:
I have them on my 3 and so far they seem to be holding up quite well. Whatever gets on them seems to come off easily. They look unbelievable. They really give the car an "up market" look.
please post pics of the mats in your car.
thanks!!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yes, if you can post pics, that would be great. I've been trying to decide, but the interwoven color seems like it might be a bit much.

However, you say it blends and makes it look better.

Do you have red or blue? Red is probably a good look, but the blue might be.. umm... well... I don't know.

·
Registered
744 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
Yes, if you can post pics, that would be great. I've been trying to decide, but the interwoven color seems like it might be a bit much.

However, you say it blends and makes it look better.

Do you have red or blue? Red is probably a good look, but the blue might be.. umm... well... I don't know.
You should get mats that match your interior seat color because I think it would look goofy otherwise.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well, yeah...

I was just stating that the red/black (if that was your seat color) would probably look better with a matching floormat. Blue might look silly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Advice from someone who actually owns these mats: the blue/black isn't "too much" nor does it look silly by any stretch....if anything they add a subtle touch of color which perfectly matches the black/blue seats and, to me, are of a higher quality than the originals (tighter weave which, IMO, would last longer). Definitely gives the interior an "upmarket" look...

The seats in my car are black with blue dots, the mats are black, trimmed with blue (same color as in seats), with the lettering in blue, and blue lines running through. The front mats are exactly the same as stock, the rear ones are a little bigger so actually fit much better in the car. So, my recommendation to you if you don't mind spending $93 CDN + shipping + taxes, is go for it! Really adds a very nice dash of color in an otherwise very dark, mostly monochromatic black interior. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the all wheater floor mats.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I took a blue sharpie marker and colored in the freakin white Mazda3 logo on the mats. I think I saved a few bucks doin that and it looks pretty tight.
$69 or $2?? It cant look that much different, can it?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts