Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So wen i got the car at south motor mazda (South Miami), they were eager to sell me the pre-paid service plan ( good for 36000 miles).
having had probs wit a similar plan on a previous car I made it a point to repeatedly confirm with the finance guy that this plan would be valid at ALL mazda dealerships.
Needless to say, a few months n mods later, i try to go to another dealer that isn't so quick to void warranties, only to find out that the service plan was a piece of shit that only south motors will honor.
I also wanted to change dealers as i'll probably b moving further away in a couple months.

Wen I called to give the finance dept. a piece of my mind, they told me that the previous fiance guy gave lots of false info n is no longer working for them.
They appologized n told me that there's nothing that can be done n that my pre-paid servicing is only valid at their dealership. (like 1/2hr - 45min drive).

Any1 have any advice?
a) should I suck it up, go back to stock n return to southmotors for servicing?
b) should I find some1 else to giv a piece of my mind?
c) should I returnin to that dealership moded n risk losing warranty?

I could try to cancel the pre-paid plan, however, i'd hav to pay at evry service, instead of the pre-paid plan my parents r payin for me!

·
Registered
25 Posts
It all comes down to whether or not it's in writing that you can take it to any dealership. Read through the fine print of your pre-paid service contract and see if it mentions where the plan is good for.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tanks.
i'll re-read it but i'm pretty sure it doesn't specify that i have to use it at a certain dealership but it also doesn't say that it's valid everywhere?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts