Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, thought I would come up here for your opinions before my purchase. I am thinking of getting a new 2009 Mazda 3, debating between i-Sport and i-Value Touring.

My concern is the power window. Does i-Sport only have the hand-rolling manual window for all four windows? Or do the front windows have power and the rear windows are manual? What exactly are manual windows?

Other than power windows/locks, any big differences to justify the $3000 price difference between i-Sport and i-Value Touring?

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Manual window are that, manual. You have to use a crank to raise and lower them. Very few cars come with them now and this is the last year Mazda will offer them. 2010 models will have power windows.

An important question is where are you? This is a global forum, options and pricing will vary by market. Please add your location to your profile.

In the US, the Touring trim is about $2200 more and adds features such as power windows, locks, mirrors, fogs, 17" allow wheels, cruise control, leather wrapped steering wheel, 6 speaker stereo to name a few.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am located at San Francisco Bay Area of US.

Thanks for the reply!! I never experienced a manual-window car before that's why I am asking this question.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
No problem, we're here to help.

Let us know if you have further questions and good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=icspots link=topic=134468.msg2892050#msg2892050 date=1233014848]
[quote author=lolayay link=topic=134468.msg2891879#msg2891879 date=1233010115]
Thanks for the reply!! I never experienced a manual-window car before that's why I am asking this question.
[/quote]

<sigh> I'm old.
[/quote]

:lol: double sigh for me, I'm older! :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heh, my 07 i sport has manual windows/locks. Folks always say, "I didn't think they still offered cars with that." I like it. It reduced the sticker price, and it's less to go wrong in the long run as I plan to keep this car at least 10 years. I've had power locks and window go out on me and it's a major inconvenience as well as an expensive fix usually. Also power windows and locks add weight--if you're into that.

If you do have kids, or cart folks around a lot, you may want to go with the convenient power package, but for me, I usually drive alone, so I have one window and one door to keep track of. I think I can handle that.

Ciao,
Effy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, starting from next 2010, no car (Mazda 3) is like that (no power window) anymore :) Thanks for all your answers, I think I am gonna go with i-Touring, I like to think I am a kid myself ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts