Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this isn't really a question but I guess just a complaint or more of a "what were they thinking". Anyone else kind of annoyed that when you push down the window lock that is locks all of the window controls except for the drivers, this is the first time I have actually seen this done like that. Usually as to the best of my knowledge when you lock the windows at least the driver can still operate them all more like a child safety thing than an actual full on lock-out. Anyways maybe I'mjust venting about this since this is the first time I have owned a vehicle without anything else to complain about :D , so ther than this I LOVE my 3 :bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Maybe I am misreading your post but isn't you saying" that the window lock locks out all windows except for the driver's window", the same as "at least the driver can still operate them..." Maybe I am confused :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
That's the way window locks work. I can clearly remember other people I know having window locks and they would always lock them to f with me. It only allows the driver to have window control. I don't quite understand how else you would like them? If you want everyone else to have control, you can unlock them.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I could see wanting the window lock to function like child safety locks where the rear doors( or in this case, windows) are locked out, but the 2 front windows operate. The MZ3 window lock functions the same as all other cars I and parents have owned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think he means that when the window lock is turned on then even the driver can't open any of the other windows (i.e. the lock has to be off for any of the other windows to open from anywhere). For example, if the lock is on then you can't open the front passenger window using the front passenger's control or using the driver's control. I didn't check that out when I test drove, but if it works the way it's described in the first post then it's the same as the Corolla.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
zc1 said:
I think he means that when the window lock is turned on then even the driver can't open any of the other windows (i.e. the lock has to be off for any of the other windows to open from anywhere). For example, if the lock is on then you can't open the front passenger window using the front passenger's control or using the driver's control. I didn't check that out when I test drove, but if it works the way it's described in the first post then it's the same as the Corolla.
This more of a rhetorical question but, why would they have the window lock lock all of the windows including the drivers'. What is the point in that?

·
Registered
120 Posts
It locks all except the driver's window (the other 3 windows). When they're locked even the driver can't open the other windows. The only window that can open at all is the driver's window.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was under the assumption that when the lock is on, the driver is the only one that can control the windows, any of them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats what I meant that it locks all of the windows except for the driver's, but even the driver's window controls cannot open the other windows when the lock is on. Sorry about the confusion I didn't word that properly, but I did check and in the manual it states that that is the correct operation, I just wondered why in the world would they not allow the driver full control of the window all of the time. :?: [/quote]

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
My subaru outback works like that. It's annoying, when my sister wants the window down and I want it up. I can't just lock her control, and put it up, because it won't let the driver control them... so I can't be supereme overlord in my seat.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That's how Mazda has always done it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts