Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been noticing that i am loseing a bit of pwer i have a stock 5door 2006 mz3 everytime i go to get on it it dosent quite pick up like it used to i bought it at 65000 it has 77000 on it now and its not as peppy can anyone help i was thinking it could be injecters, plugs any ideas? (only posting her cus i couldent anywhere else :( )

·
Registered
279 Posts
At that many miles, it wouldnt hurt to do a tune up. I did one at 80K and noticed some power came back.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
+1 for tune-up - install new plugs and air filter, clean the MAF and throttle body. This may not make things better but you can't accurately diagnose any potential problems unless you know the basics are right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote author=balding geezer link=topic=140216.msg3024511#msg3024511 date=1238341263]
+1 for tune-up - install new plugs and air filter, clean the MAF and throttle body. This may not make things better but you can't accurately diagnose any potential problems unless you know the basics are right.
[/quote]

+2 for all of the above and if nothing changes, do a compression check (or better a leak down test) on the cylinders. Are getting any OBDII codes (CEL/MIL on)?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
clean the injectors too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts