Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a Mazda 3 sport 2.2l diesel 2014. I took my Mazda into Mazda coz of power loss. They said oil wasn’t getting into the turbo so I need a new engine and turbo costing £10,500. I paid £7500 a year ago. Please help. Anything I can do. Won’t a carbon clean clean it out? I’m not a car mechanic so I don’t know too much.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, we don't have the diesel version here, but this certainly sounds fishy. Did they pull the diagnostic codes? Even if your turbo was dead, doubtful you would need a new engine. Just some thoughts for you to kick around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, we don't have the diesel version here, but this certainly sounds fishy. Did they pull the diagnostic codes? Even if your turbo was dead, doubtful you would need a new engine. Just some thoughts for you to kick around.
Hi. Had no codes. They said they found sludge restricting oil getting to the turbo. Don’t know how they found it. All I had done was the vacuum pump and that’s no way near the turbo. Is they’re any way the sludge can be removed or cleared ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sludge is either due to lack of oil changes or a know problem with the engine. maybe use Google and see what you can learn. They could also be trying to get you to open your wallet.....

If there is sludge, I'd replace the feed tube, run it, then change the oil while its hot. An old pal had this issue with an Audi turbo some years back, personally, I think the dealer raked him over.

Still sounds fishy , but what do I know, just guessing from across the pond.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sludge is either due to lack of oil changes or a know problem with the engine. maybe use Google and see what you can learn. They could also be trying to get you to open your wallet.....

If there is sludge, I'd replace the feed tube, run it, then change the oil while its hot. An old pal had this issue with an Audi turbo some years back, personally, I think the dealer raked him over.

Still sounds fishy , but what do I know, just guessing from across the pond.
Just had a full service. Thanks for the advise. I need all the help I can get lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
One of the many reasons almost no diesel cars are sold in the US. They are generally garbage with tons of problems. My advice, cut your considerable losses and get a proper gas (petrol) model) preferably not the nearly as garbage 2.3 model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts