Mazda3 Forums banner

which color powdercoat on silver car?

powdercoating

982 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  charliebrown 
#1 ·
i was thinking about powder coating my stock wheels. i was going with a flat black, 20% gloss black ar a bronze. possibally a dark bronze. what do you think

#3 ·
[quote author=biggage24 link=topic=137075.msg2954043#msg2954043 date=1235337383]
Your car is silver correct?? I think flat black would look sick. Bronze would look pretty good too brah.
[/quote]
i appreciate it. i got a guy who does powdercoating and we are going to be doing some sat. just wondering which would look the best

#4 ·
Is the color of your two-tone black mica? If so, I would recommend black metallic powdercoat. I got my done that color and it matches the black mica just right. It also has a little gloss to it, but not too much.

saynow20

#6 ·
This might help, i know they're not stocks but the colors. The bronze ones are actually "Sports Bronze" and after i had them done black I went with "matte black" which is flat black.

Attachments

#7 ·
[quote author=saynow20 link=topic=137075.msg2954341#msg2954341 date=1235349185]
Is the color of your two-tone black mica? If so, I would recommend black metallic powdercoat. I got my done that color and it matches the black mica just right. It also has a little gloss to it, but not too much.

saynow20
[/quote]
the only 2 tone i have on it so far is the cf hood. plan on doing some more just havent yet. i have a sunlight siver car and i will be putting up some pics.[quote author=charliebrown link=topic=137075.msg2955002#msg2955002 date=1235369233]
This might help, i know they're not stocks but the colors. The bronze ones are actually "Sports Bronze" and after i had them done black I went with "matte black" which is flat black.
[/quote]
thanks that actually helps alot i am liking the black alot

#9 ·
[quote author=charliebrown link=topic=137075.msg2957575#msg2957575 date=1235456423]
Glad it helped. I'm happier with the black but the bronze would've been better on another color but don't be afraid to be different.
[/quote]
the thing is that i have a carbon fiber hood and plan on two tone and powder coating the motor area black and purple(candy) or blue(candy) and black so the bronze color wheels maybe too many colors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.