Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if there is a Thread on this topic already, if so mods feel free to delete or someone please point me out to the thread.

Anyway i'd like to see pictures of everyone's car who is dropped and what they are dropped on.
*I'm especially hoping to see pictures of someone's car on MS Coilovers on the lowest setting*

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Cusco Compact S Coilovers. Dropped 40mm all around.

More pics here

Kev

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote author=dazed_and_confused link=topic=85751.msg1626258#msg1626258 date=1186699543]
Cusco Compact S Coilovers. Dropped 40mm all around.

More pics here

Kev
[/quote]

Nice ride! I've got a White Ms3 as well with H&R Sport Springs and chrome 18 inch CR Kai's.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You're the guy from Revscene. We should meet up sometime.

Kev

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
[quote author=RonTonkinMazda link=topic=85751.msg1626374#msg1626374 date=1186702810]
^^ what rx-8 wheels are those? you have them powdercoated? i love white on the speed3 that car looks sexy as hell!
[/quote]

Hey Josh!

They are custom painted RX-8's. And thanks for the thumbs up. I might swing by sometime this month to check out your dealership and do some tax-free shopping :D

Kev

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Another Ms3 on rx8s in the fray. The rx8 wheel/tire combo is on 225/40/18 rubber so they are about 0.5" smaller in rolling diameter than the stock Mazdaspeed3 wheel setup (215/45/18). So relatively speaking, I acquired about 0.25" in body drop and also gained about 0.25" in fender gap. I'll should have more pics in my gallery by this weekend ... I'll swap the rx8 wheels w/ the Mazdaspeed Rays MSTII wheels and I finished aiming and installing the foglight projector powered w/ 3000k HIDs.

H&R coilovers....rear set at lowest, while retaining the rear perches. Can go about 1/2" lower w/ the removal of the spring perches. Front I haven't played w/ dropping it any further, but it has about another 3/4" of adjustment to go on the fronts. Right now I think I'm running an approximate 1.8" front drop and 1.625" rear drop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I was trying to sell the rims but nobody bit so I'm slapping them on my car tommorow with the stock tires. Yeah this weekend looks good let's gather up guys you know with 3's and cruise or something.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
which springs get me the max drop? for the speed Im looking for that low look but if I can go without the coilovers I would.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Road Magnet lowering springs, MazdaSpeed rear camber links, 18x8 +48 OZ Ultraleggera's on stock tires

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
[quote author=Captain GJ link=topic=85751.msg1629004#msg1629004 date=1186780048]
Road Magnet lowering springs, MazdaSpeed rear camber links, 18x8 +48 OZ Ultraleggera's on stock tires
[/quote]

That second picture is deceiving. It appears that the car is either floating or someone stole the rims and left the car on the ground. Looks good though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately the lighting in the picture was pretty bad. Wheels look a lot better in person, not so much in photo form–at least not with my subpar digital camera.

·
Registered
158 Posts
How do you like the Road Magnet springs? Could ride quality? Stance? Turning?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Kev, I really like what you did to your car! I will post pics when I get to wash my car.

Hey Jogadoggz, do you live in Richmond? Did you get your stuff from SR? If it was your car, then I saw your car at the parking lot my friend's GF's apartment.

·
Registered
105 Posts
[quote author=sok07 link=topic=85751.msg1627047#msg1627047 date=1186717287]

H&R coilovers....rear set at lowest, while retaining the rear perches. Can go about 1/2" lower w/ the removal of the spring perches. Front I haven't played w/ dropping it any further, but it has about another 3/4" of adjustment to go on the fronts. Right now I think I'm running an approximate 1.8" front drop and 1.625" rear drop.
[/quote]

must.... get..... h&r coils.......

pure sex no doubt. pull the perches, spin down the front another 1/2", just for a few pictures. then back up. ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts