Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I didn't know where I should post this, so here I am!

Please post the dirtiest pic of your Mazda 3 that you can find! (dirty as in dirt...)You know the one...right before you wash the car, or right after you ended up racing a car down a dirt road just to kick its butt?

Yeah...so here's mine to start off this thread!

And really it does look worse in person...does anyone else hate the fact that dirt collects right under the spoiler on the hatch?

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
the ass end of the hatch seems to lift dirt off the road almost magically and deposit it directly on to the bumper. this especially sucks if you know you're going to have to lift the 5th door up and jam your hand in to the filth.

the other day i got to the ski hill and it was fairly obvious that i'd been doing at least 60mph through the snow, the car was almost immaculately clean but the entire ass (from glass to bumper) was absolutely caked in snow.

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
gotta love shitty ass michigan, thats what my car looks like. i should go snap a pic. my car is crappy shape lately.

its dirty, got a big dent in the front, and a big ol door ding in the side. *sigh* idiot college kids.(not me)(or anyone on here)(or anyone i know)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Oh man, this is wash day. Hand wash in the underground parking lot. I'll snap a before pic for sure.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Here's that pic. Just your average everyday pic. I wash once a week. It's been a while, so I'm parking underground tommorrow afternoon with all my detailing garb, and I'm going to wash inside and out, claybar, then wax. Also the entire interior. Seeing this pic makes me feel bad about leaving the car like that. Outside, in that NASTY -4 weather.

·
Registered
260 Posts
These are pics I've posted before, you guys can't do dirt like us English. This was after a blast around Wales but its got worse than this, I had grass on the bonnet last week for a week, sorry I mean 'hood'!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
[quote author=FluffyDucky link=topic=67733.msg1168175#msg1168175 date=1169732267]
These are pics I've posted before, you guys can't do dirt like us English. This was after a blast around Wales but its got worse than this, I had grass on the bonnet last week for a week, sorry I mean 'hood'!

Salt eats through paint. The "Dirt" on my car is salt. ;) I'd say that's a little worse!
But I've also driven around cottage country with my car, with my sides looking like that, and the back of my car being layered in half an inch of solid dirt. Made it completely indistinguishable.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
my car stays pretty disgusting during this season too.

I really nmeed to rinse it off.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
i just go to a heated pressure-wash bay, pre-soak it and then rinse it off. once a month i'll go to a touchless and get an under-spray as well.

my car is so dirty right now the rear plate is invisible and illegible.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I know I said nasty -4 weather, but it was actually -22. Farenheit. WITH wind chill, of course. which adds at least -15 to the equation.

Here is a nicely washed pic. The very next day :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=67733.msg1169114#msg1169114 date=1169762346]
I know I said nasty -4 weather, but it was actually -22. Farenheit. WITH wind chill, of course. which adds at least -15 to the equation.

[/quote]

damm.. steel wheels..... how comes u didnt get alloys with ur Mz3??

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
i got up on wednesday morning to find my car covered in this:::

i cant recall ever taking pics of my car when it was dirty.. lol

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
[quote author=neeldub link=topic=67733.msg1170626#msg1170626 date=1169844913]
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=67733.msg1169114#msg1169114 date=1169762346]

[/quote]

damm.. steel wheels..... how comes u didnt get alloys with ur Mz3??
[/quote]

Couldn't find anything reasonable enough in price before I purchased. This way I cheaped out on the steelies, which are your typical kind, and went all out on the tire. :) Plus if i slide against a curb and ruin a rim, I need to replace a $60 rim, not a 100+ rim.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts