Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive by the mazda dealership on my way home everyday and with my '04 3i Sedan just breaking the 45k mark I couldn't resist checking out the new models. I do this now and then, but I decided to take several for a test drive today. I take back everything I've ever said about the 5 door as it's now well respected in my book. The salesman took me on a back road and told me to "Drive it like I stole it". The 2.3 certainly does have that extra punch even in the 5 door. Not to mention the handling on the 2.3s Touring model rocked my socks compared to my present model.

I'm upside down in my 3 and they were unable to get me in one for what I'm willing to pay. However, they could swing an '07 Mazda6. I test drove a Mazda6 5 Door with the V6 and loved it on the highway, but was kind of bored in the twisties. I didn't have time to try a 4 cylinder in the 6, but I'm wondering how well that holds up in comparison? I'm not sure I like the look of the 6, but it does feel like a lot more vehicle.

I gotta go do some homework now. Both have all the basic options, same engines (unless I go for the v6) and run just under 20k

I'm torn! :cry:

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=heyitzsmike link=topic=72219.msg1272839#msg1272839 date=1174129382]
save those moneys for a speed3
[/quote]

+1. If you were impressed with the S version of the hatchback, take a speed3 for a test drive. You'll be pleasantly blown away!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts