Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came up on another board. Does the Mz3 have a pollen filter? I searched all the docs that I know of and didn't find anything about this. Any owners out there willing to consult their manuals for us?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
yes, there is a HEPA filter. but crap, forgot where I seen it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That's cool, probably handy to know so we can replace it time to time. I didn't remember seeing anything in the manual about it though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I didn't know it had one. I'm glad it has one though!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I never saw mention of a filter in my manual... i'll have to have a second look but i dont think there is one?
Im going to run out to my car right now and grab the manual!

·
Registered
481 Posts
i definitely don't see mention of one in the manual... not in the scheduled maintenance chart or anywhere else...
im gonna have to say it doesn't have one..

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Oops sry.. its CFC-free air conditioning.

Thought it was HEPA at a quick glance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
...so it doesnt have a filter right? is that something you think they might add in later editions? i have seriously horrible sinus/allergies and my doctor insists that i only use AC and not roll down the windows during warm weather.
-wannabe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Allergies

I am writing this after taking my second dose of allergy mads today. Pollen in the Valley....no good. Walking to your car will probably be the worst thing to do. Turn the ac on. Roll up the windows and then don't leave your car until snow falls. AC will reduce your allergies a lot. But just opening the door would counter act a pollen filter. I'd say get in a car, test drive for an hr with ac on. You'll see the difference.

·
Registered
878 Posts
wanna3instead said:
...so it doesnt have a filter right? is that something you think they might add in later editions? i have seriously horrible sinus/allergies and my doctor insists that i only use AC and not roll down the windows during warm weather.
-wannabe

The way to solve your problem is to use resurculate on the a/c. No outside air will come in.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
wanna3instead said:
.i have seriously horrible sinus/allergies and my doctor insists that i only use AC and not roll down the windows during warm weather.
-wannabe
I'm in the same boat. One word: Flonase. I've had clear breathing over the last few allergy seasons due to this product (and I work outside 5 days a week). Before I discovered this (well, by the suggestion of my doc), it was stuffy nose and sneezing hundreds of times a day for months at a time. People I'd meet often thought I was a cocain addict because I sniffled so much. ha ha :D

JT

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was looking around a European Manual, and it looks like they have a HEPA filter. Then looking around the US manual, I didn't see anything. So I wonder if there is a filter in the US, or if we can drop in a EU filter...

·
Registered
481 Posts
rshan said:
I was looking around a European Manual, and it looks like they have a HEPA filter. Then looking around the US manual, I didn't see anything. So I wonder if there is a filter in the US, or if we can drop in a EU filter...
Europe definitely has a filter, its pretty much always std equipment over there due to poor air quality (diesel particulate mostly) in many large cities... we don't get one in NA, but retrofitting is mebbe possible... someone needs to be a guinea pig and order one :D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Someone with the connection to Europe dealers should order one and try it. How much can a filter cost, besides I remember reading someone was able to sucessfully drop a filter into their 6's.

·
Registered
362 Posts
1. Using "recirculate" should be restricted to no more than 30 minutes for indoor air quality. It's possible that carbon monoxide could accumulate inside the car, hence the limited time recommended for "recirculate."

2. The Sharper Image gadget is too expensive. Get a $25 air ionizer attachment (available from Brookstone or many auto supply stores).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts