Mazda3 Forums banner

Have you gone back for warranty service?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had to take the car in for a warranty issue yet.

Mine was for driving off the lot with a piss-poor battery that wouldn't keep a charge or take a load.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
It was a good day.. till my tinter seen a faint scratch that ran the length of the window sticker. It showed up like a white line on a black chalkboard.

Anyhow, called the dealer, somewhat agitated, and explained the issue. They told me sorry and come down and they will take care of it.

3 days later, a window was sitting in service with my name plastered all over it (literally....). Showed up and banged out less than an hour.

Dealer is top notch. Looks a lil run down, but they sure treat the customer well.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...

Maybe I should move to Colorado!

Wish I could say the same for mine. Fortunately, I just found out a buddy of mine knows the service manager at one a little further north or me. I'm counting on that relationship in the future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This topic scared my a little when I saw 2 people taking it back within a month. Luckily neither are anything major. :D I can deal with a battery being bad.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, unfortunately my battery didn't solve the problem. I'll keep everyone informed when I officially find out what it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So far, I had a problem with the main relay. It got shorted somehow, and I couldn't start the car. Dealership replaced it. The car is only 3 weeks old!
It was very cold that day though, -40C with windchill... maybe somehow it's related :werd: .

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I took mine in for a not mechanical/engine related issue. I had my front driver's side window regulator replaced because the windows were making a loud cracking/popping noise when raising and lowering the window.

Otherwise, aside from the airbag recall, I have had no problems.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Yeah I took mine in just 2 weeks back, the module that powers my right Xenon housing died. Had to have that replaced. Then, interestingly, when they installed the new module (power supply), the Xenon bulb blew, only because the old module that was dying was stressing the bulb, and then when the fresh new module was put in, it was too much for the stressed bulb, so they had to get a new Xenon bulb express shipped, and had the car for a total of 2 days.

Also, did you know, that our stock Xenon bulbs take 25,000 volts!! My service guy told me this, and he also said the price for a brand new Xenon bulb is $220!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Mind you I'm a 10/03 build.

Had fuel pump replaced.
Airbag sensor replaced.

Few things that bother me but dealership is "unable to reproduce."

Driver's side window clicks when going up and down in cold.
Brakes squeal in cold.
Brake dust on rear is excessive.
Brake dust on front is nothing (and the pads don't look like they've ever gotten dirty which makes me worry).

·
Registered
23,673 Posts
Took mine in about 5wks in to have her first oil changed on it. I havent had any recalls or anything else done to the car. I have been early every time for the services.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
rpc180 said:
Mind you I'm a 10/03 build.

Had fuel pump replaced.
Airbag sensor replaced.

Few things that bother me but dealership is "unable to reproduce."

Driver's side window clicks when going up and down in cold.
Brakes squeal in cold.
Brake dust on rear is excessive.
Brake dust on front is nothing (and the pads don't look like they've ever gotten dirty which makes me worry).
my build date is 11/03 and i've had...

fuel pump replaced
air back sensor replaced (recall)

while having the recall taken care of i got them to look at my front passanger window cuz it would make a loud chunking noise when i rolled down the window all the way, or just when i attempt to roll down the window--servie guys replaced the regulator--clicking noise went away and the window also felt tighter...

rpc180: i wonder if your window regulator needs to be look at--

·
Registered
495 Posts
Mine went in within 3 months for it's first oil change (switch to Mobil1, it's too damned cold to do it myself without a garage) and the Airbag sensor repair. At that time they discovered I had a crack in my passenger side kick-panel, so they put it on order.

Car went back a few days later because someone overtightened a bolt and popped the O-ring, oil everywhere! Dealer bought me lunch and a tank of gas.

Went back a month later because the kick-panel was in, by that time it had completly cracked into two pieces. Such a shame. It looks like someone overtightened the panel (crack radiated from the mounting screw). I also had them check the TPS system because the light was going on and off, they added air to the front right tire and it fixed it, as well as to check the wiper system (out of sync wipers).

So far I haven't noticed the brake dust, although I have heard the squeel/grind noise on occasion. These are semi-metalic pads though, long life but quite noisy. If it starts to bother me I'll switch to a normal pad, although I'm happy with the way these current ones stop my car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've just had the airbag sensor replaces (it quit working before I got the recall notice). Nothing else so far under warranty, but I'm starting to wonder about the fuel pump. It's taking a little longer to turn over, but it might just be the really cold weather we're having. I'm going to keep monitoring it and see what happens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts