Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these by accident when I really wanted the non-component speakers. They've never been installed and were only removed from the box once to look at them.

These are marine-duty speakers (waterproof!) that are rated for 125w continuous, 250w peak.

All the specs and info are here: http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/mmc6500/

Asking $160 shipped within the US. I accept paypal.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Sigh.... WHY NIXON!!!!!! WHY MUST YOU HAVE THESE WHEN IM TRYING TO PAY OFF DEBT!!!! Seriousely killing me here! Good luck with the sale though! Awesome speakers!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
would these fit into the stock speakers of the mazda 3?

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=Darkfrosty7 link=topic=134733.msg2905726#msg2905726 date=1233561384]
would these fit into the stock speakers of the mazda 3?
[/quote]

With modifications, yes. You'll want to make some custom brackets out of 1/4" MDF, and the sail panels will require dremeling down (or else you can buy the blank panels and just dremel out a hole for the tweeters, which may be easier).

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Go to eBay and type in mazda 3 speaker adapters. The company that will show up has great products. Let me tell you guys from first hand experience these speakers are fantastic. My friend has these and I am blown away every time I hear them. Bump for a great price and an awesome product. Good luck!

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
the pre-fab adapters are crap. I got adapters for my 6.5" speakers and the speakers were too big for the brackets. You're almost certainly better off making your own, and it's cheaper as long as you already have a jigsaw, not to mention it's easy as hell, just trace a stock speaker and then trace the new speaker within the lines, leave a little extra room for "shit happens," throw on a coat or two of spray-paint or sealant and you're golden. ;)

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Scosche, right?

I don't have the Polks myself, I was just saying it's kind of a crapshoot and given one pair of plastic brackets costs more than enough plywood or MDF to make 6-8 brackets, it's not worth the risk (to me at least). Glad it worked out for you though :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm glad you guys have some experience with putting these in a Mazda. I know they actually include plastic adapters that adapt from the 4 mount points to the 3 mount points in a honda, but I've never had the door panels off my Mazda.

Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts