Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to use metal polish on their Fujita intake and made it 100x worse? I used that Noxon metal polish and it made the intake all cloudy and put scratches all over it. Anyone reccommend a metal polish for intakes? :x

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Polishing soft aluminum is more difficult than most people think.

I wouldn't dare try it unless I was following a walkthrough on the internet with pictures or was taught by somebody.

You need the right polish, applicator, and technique.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Hehe, I did some quick research for you...

Polishing "aluminum" is similar to polishing paint. It requires using various grades of abrasive polishing compounds starting with a heavy cut metal polish and ending with a super-fine, finishing polish (depending on current condition). Some aluminum polishes (such as the ones below) are designed for application with either a dual-action or circular machine polisher. :(

Here's an example of a 2 step polishing that would work:

I would definitely buy a polish specific to the metal you'd like to polish that is designed to give you the result... (like a Mirror finish)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help HouRman. I should have just left the damn thing alone, but i was detailing my engine bay and figured I'd polish my intake...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mothers sells a polish for non cleared polished wheels,etc. Works much better than regular Mothers. It is $10-12 I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts