Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mazda 3 is throwing the code po172 i replace the MAF sensor fuel injectors O2 sensor. Can someone help please?? I just got this car a year ago and love it. It has the 2.3 motor if that makes a differance.Thank you in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would check the PCV valve and hose. The PCV hose runs adjacent to the block, behind the intake manifold. Unfortunately it is exposed to a lot of heat and can deteriorate as a result. It is also almost impossible to replace without removing the intake manifold first. Fortunately it is much cheaper than the rest of the part cannon that you have fired at the car, so it won't cost much to change it. After that I would consider replacing the EGR valve if the PCV doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My mazda 3 is throwing the code po172 i replace the MAF sensor fuel injectors O2 sensor. Can someone help please?? I just got this car a year ago and love it. It has the 2.3 motor if that makes a differance.Thank you in advance for any advice.
did you fix your issue? if not what type of maf sensor did you use was it after market ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well did the last one which was the PCV valve and hose and code came back on UGH and i did put back the stock air box back in and check engine back on i give up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts