Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be an idiot but I am having trouble getting MP3 cds to work in my new 07. I have the 6CD changer and I have already burned 3 cds, none of which have worked. My files are WMA files is that why it doesn't work? I can't think of anything else :dunno: Any help would be much appreciated. If WMA files don't work, do itunes format song work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
06 and 07 models can play mp3 format (not WMA) with the 6 CD changer but you have to choose that option with your dealer.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=kspec link=topic=70045.msg1219822#msg1219822 date=1172022577]
they dont gotta be .mp3 ? I thought mp3 cds had to be of filename.mp3 not filename.wma
[/quote]

I don't know, wma's work in my Honda Element's cd player when on a data CD. I guess this car may be different

·
Registered
258 Posts
not sure why you are using WMAs to begin with... they dont sound as good as MP3s... just rip all your MP3s into 256 and forget about WMAs, they sound flat to me. If thats all you have to go with, just convert them over to MP3 from WMA if you want to play them.

Thankfully all the MP3s i get from the torrent sites are high quality or they are in the FLAC format which is lossless, then i can convert them down to 256 MP3s to play on my MP3 player, unless im using my iAudio which played FLAC and OGG. Thats why i hate ipods... they dont play anything other than the crappy codecs Steve Jobs wants you to have and they dont sound good either, Ipods are over rated junk. The iaudios i have sound 10x better and can do 10x more.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the best way to convert wma's into mp3's?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just use JetAudio which is made by the people who make Iaudio MP3 players.. its a pretty cool little program.. i like it alot more than something like itunes which is a pile of shite if you ask me.
Its free also.. which is good... it converts, burns, plays, records, etc... plus it can play all the different audio files like APE, FLAC, OGG... plus WMA and MP3.. i know im missing a few in there.. but i cant remember everything :)

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Please please please for the love of God SEARCH! There are few things that have been discussed as much as this.

In the US the stock HU (single disc or 6 disc) does not play Mp3's. This is important so I'll say it again, In the US the stock HU (single disc or 6 disc) does not play Mp3's. In '04-'05 there was a single disc CD/Mp3 player available, and in '06-'07 it was replaced with a 6CD/Mp3 player. Both of these are dealer options and again do not come standard.

If you have the Mp3 player then it will say "Mp3" on the faceplate just above the little 6CD icon..... and of course it will play Mp3's.

·
Registered
645 Posts
http://www.wma-mp3.com/?
I also use the iAudio Suite that came with my U2, and it is a nice program, but the link I provided should be more helpful if you don't already own that software.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have an '07 six-cd changer/bose system and it does not play cds with mp3s on them - only audio CDs.

Oh, WMA is better than MP3 for those who don't know - and seems some of you don't. WMA, short for Windows Media Audio, provides the same sound quality as an MP3 with half the file size. That's right - if you take a CD and rip it as a MP3 and WMA at the same bitrate the WMA will sound better. Google it if you don't believe me.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=DragoZERO link=topic=70045.msg1223026#msg1223026 date=1172115058]
I have an '07 six-cd changer/bose system and it does not play cds with mp3s on them - only audio CDs.

Oh, WMA is better than MP3 for those who don't know - and seems some of you don't. WMA, short for Windows Media Audio, provides the same sound quality as an MP3 with half the file size. That's right - if you take a CD and rip it as a MP3 and WMA at the same bitrate the WMA will sound better. Google it if you don't believe me.
[/quote]

It's pretty subjective, and can depend on the track being encoded and bitrate. WMA tends to do a bit better at low bitrates, but at higher bitrates I tend to prefer the MP3 codec. In any event MP3 tends to be compatible with a wider range of devices (iPod, Mazda MP3 CD unit). WMA not so much.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not True.

[quote author=icspots link=topic=70045.msg1220803#msg1220803 date=1172069267]
Please please please for the love of God SEARCH! There are few things that have been discussed as much as this.

In the US the stock HU (single disc or 6 disc) does not play Mp3's. This is important so I'll say it again, In the US the stock HU (single disc or 6 disc) does not play Mp3's. In '04-'05 there was a single disc CD/Mp3 player available, and in '06-'07 it was replaced with a 6CD/Mp3 player. Both of these are dealer options and again do not come standard.

If you have the Mp3 player then it will say "Mp3" on the faceplate just above the little 6CD icon..... and of course it will play Mp3's.
[/quote]

I have an 07 MS3 Sport, single disc player, and it does play MP3 CDs. It is just the 6-CD unit that does not have MP3 playback capability.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Re: Not True.

[quote author=Insurance Guy link=topic=70045.msg1224991#msg1224991 date=1172180613]
I have an 07 MS3 Sport, single disc player, and it does play MP3 CDs. It is just the 6-CD unit that does not have MP3 playback capability.
[/quote]

Please double-check this, as Mazda no longer makes a single-disc MP3 CD player. This may sound elementary, but are you sure you're playing a disc with MP3 files on it and not an Audio-CD created from MP3 file? It's tripped up a lot of people in the past who didn't really know what they were burning to CD.

Does your CD player have the MP3 logo on the left side of the disc slot?

·
Registered
438 Posts

[quote author=bearda link=topic=70045.msg1225001#msg1225001 date=1172180781]
[quote author=Insurance Guy link=topic=70045.msg1224991#msg1224991 date=1172180613]
[/quote]

Please double-check this, as Mazda no longer makes a single-disc MP3 CD player. This may sound elementary, but are you sure you're playing a disc with MP3 files on it and not an Audio-CD created from MP3 file? It's tripped up a lot of people in the past who didn't really know what they were burning to CD.

Does your CD player have the MP3 logo on the left side of the disc slot?
[/quote]

No, it doesn't have the logo. It plays CDs that I've created through iTunes, WMP, Roxio. Are you talking about just dumping MP3 files onto a CD-R vs. creating a music CD through a specific program?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

[quote author=Insurance Guy link=topic=70045.msg1226587#msg1226587 date=1172235337]
No, it doesn't have the logo. It plays CDs that I've created through iTunes, WMP, Roxio. Are you talking about just dumping MP3 files onto a CD-R vs. creating a music CD through a specific program?
[/quote]

I'm talking about just dumping MP3 files onto a CD-R. When you create a CD, how much audio can you fit on it? If you're maxing out around 74-80 minutes you're burning a normal audio CD, and any CD player will play it. I think this is what you're doing, even if you don't mean to.

If you can fit around 10 hours of music onto one disc, then you're burning an MP3 CD. That's the capability we're discussing here.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
With raw mp3 files on a cd you can have about 150-180 songs on a single CD depending upon bitrate and song lengths.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote author=DragoZERO link=topic=70045.msg1226593#msg1226593 date=1172236112]
Just burn the MP3s as a "Data CD" and the player will read it.
[/quote]

Are you saying that the stock 6CD changer will read that? Becuase I am pretty sure I have tried that and it still wont read it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts