Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes:

I noticed that the little piece of plastic trim that runs along the middle of the doors started to peel off from the rear driver's side door. Any suggestions on materials to reattach this piece that won't mess up the paint? I think a lot of rain made the adhesive rot away, and I park outside...I was thinking of just using double sided tape, but I am open to suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
You are on the right track with using double sided tape, however there is a specific tape made by 3M for moldings. Here is a link to Amazon showing the various widths and lengths available, but you can get the tape from any decent auto parts store: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=2614782985&ref=pd_sl_8kgm0vdv40_b Just completely remove the loose molding strip, clean off the old adhesive tape and the area of the door where the strip goes, apply the new tape to the molding, peel off the plastic covering from the new tape and press the molding back into place on the door.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, after reading extensively on how people have removed the trim altogether, I think I will end up going that route too. I like the clean door look that you can get. Thank you for the information regardless!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts