Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Covers

Hi, I'm new to this board and the proud owner of a 2004 MZ3 HB. In regards to the plastic engine cover it just pops off...easy access. I think it is additional sound deadining/heat protection.

Question- where did you get the clear bra?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I thought it was to keep it clean - or at least to keep the underside of the hood clean.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't talking about the engine one.. i was talking about the one that's covering the battery, the intake, and the fuses.. .. i had to remove the bottom right one to remove the one that's covering the battery then I get to the air intake, after that I find myself with a lot of thigns to disconnect to get to the air filter.

I got my Clear bar custom made I guess. I told dealer I want 3M bra, he got a guy in to do it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah, and the battery cover. If you need a jump and don't have a wrentch (or does the 3 tool pack have a wrentch? I haven't looked yet).

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Mine's got hex bolts holding locking it down on threads.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Personally I like the plastic covers, help keep the engine bay clean, and if it ever gets dusty, I can just take some Simple Green and wipe it down.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Fobby_Monkey said:
.. i had to remove the bottom right one to remove the one that's covering the battery then I get to the air intake
Okay, yeah. That is a pain in the ass - but if you read the manual (and we all read the manual, right?) it says that the air filter is a long life, 60,000 mile (100,000km) filter. You may need to clean any dirt or dust off, but it should last you a while.

Granted, that does not good for those of use that want to drop a K&N in there if and when they release one.

But since you have been in there - why the heck does the air intake go into the battery compatment first? How or when does it actually go through the filter? I tried last week to get in there and gave up for fear of making a mess. :)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there's 3 piece of plastic you have to remove before you get to the air filter casing. The first piece is at the bottom right that's held in place by 3 screws. Then you have to remove the one that's covering the battery inorder to remove the Long tube like plastic that's covering the intake. Dont believe me? try it yourself =D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hey, I believe you!

·
Registered
947 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
Hey, I believe you!
Off topic, but as a Johnny Bravo fan, I read all of your messages with Johnny's voices in my head. It's hard not to with that avatar. LOL

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
No problem my man, just don't mess with the hair.

Whoa! Am I good looking or what!?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Off topic, but what did you replace speakers with, vaBooM? I finally tweaked too hard on Beastie Boys "Time To Get Ill" last night. I obviously don't want to rip out the in dash - it's so pretty - but I will need to upgrade the stock speakers soon.

And my Pheonix Gold amp would fit so nicely in the back compartment!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Why were you removing all of these plastic covers again? My 3 has 512 miles on it, and I don't think I will be going under those covers for at least another 15-20k (unless K&N gets off their a$s).

(FYI: I like Beer, and am enjoying a cold one now)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts