Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last December, I went to my Mazda dealer to test drive the 08 speed3. Sadly, the dealership felt my 08 lancer was only worth 7k, so I thought, screw that. However, he said the best price they could give me was 21k on a sport before ttl which is invoice I think.

So with the car economy in the shit hole, and I live in Northern California so it's a high volume market, I'm hoping to low ball the crap out of the dealership.

They sold their last 08 ms3 sport for 19,750 no questions asked.

So, I'm thinking 19k for a 2009 MS3 Sport? Or 20-21k for Grandtouring.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just because the economy is crap doesn't mean a dealership will consistently sell cars below what they paid for it. Remember they have to stay in business too and need to make a little profit. Cripes a loaded regular MZ3 hatch is the price you are suggesting.

I say you are wasting their time.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
The MS3 will be released at a later time so there will be a gap between the old and new MS3. Who's to say they will be on lots this summer and if there are any remaining 09 MS3's they may go for a premium.

All that aside, it's difficult for anyone to speculate what will take place this summer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
bought my car new for 21k eventhough the msrp at that time is 22895, and that is 2 years ago.. im a pain in the ass when im on the dealership
some of the things i demand
1. good trade for my 96 volvo 850 ( they give me 3000usd)
2. 20 voucher for free oil change (including labor)
3. low apr( i used mazda own financing , i got 2.4% apr for 3 years)
4. student discount

also 2009 ms3 new would be $22k in austin texas 78741 as of feb 21st , and they have a couple in stock...this i know coz i just had oil change at the dealership 2 days ago

ps: if you r on budget , just get a sport, mine i got 35k miles and stilll running strong

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the 2010 isn't confirmed for a summer release :/?

But for sure, details about the 2010 speed3 will be released by then right? So perhaps push ignition and other improvements relating to performance will be made available?

My closest Mazda dealer has 11 speed3's on their lot. The other one has 8 speed3's and the 08 speed3 I test drove back in December.

So, perhaps 20 thousand would be a more realistic price point for the sport model. But I figure if I ask for 19 and they counter with invoice (21k?) we can come to a 20 thousand dollar before TTL agreement :D.

And do you think it's worth the extra 2k for the GT trim? LED lights and leather is nice I guess?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
^The 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 debuts Tuesday March 3 at the Geneva auto show. We'll be getting more details then, but I guessing pricing info wont be released for a few more months. All of the automotive blogs and magazines that I've read suggest that the 2010 MS3 will go on sale in the Fall of 2009.

I say go for the GT trim, if you think you may want those features now, you'll be kicking yourself when you don't have them. It's not as if trading in a car is convienent or cost effective.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't think you'll get an 09 MS3 GT anywhere close to 20-21 for a while. They're probably not going to sell for a loss, so unless Mazda starts offering some serious factory cash incentives, I don't see it happening.

The best I could do a month ago was $21.5 for a new MS GT, and that was a 2008.5.

I think it depends on if they still have a lot of '09s on the lot by the time the 2010s show up. That's the gamble you'd have to take if you want to pay less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts