Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyway- im driving down the road last night on my way to the movies. As i pass an oncoming car, i hear a "THUD! " as soon as the car is directly beside me. Im thinking, "What the F**K was that?" After i arrive at the movies- i check out the side of my car. :cry: To my disgust, theres egg whites all over the side of my car, and egg shells stuck to that. After i got out of the movies- I took my car directly to the car wash and got everything off. But worse yet- the paint is chipped, all the way to the primer along with some other scratches :( Gotta love those little pieces of s**t driving around vandalizing peoples personal property.

ya thats primer showing

Anyway, i think ive given up all hope of trying to keep my car clean for a while. Im thinkin of possibly painting it flat black- like Project Old School F-100 on TRUCKS! Anyone think they can photoshop it for me? I miss my once perfect, shiney, brand new mazda 3 s :wtc: Maybe that'll get me excited to own my $20,000 investment again.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
that sucks big time!!! was it the egg that screwed your paint all up or do you think letting the egg sit on there for so long the egg ate into the paint and damaged it...

·
Registered
611 Posts
that sucks man. Thats why eventually i'll carry a gun. But seriously- thats incredibly lame. I've never heard of egg actually destroying a paint job so bad in such a short period. With that much damage (if it was from impact anyway) it wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't frozen the eggs first. People like that should be shot.

As for flat black- PLEASE don't do it. Its just not fitting for a Mazda3. Our cars are sleek and sexy- flat black just dosn't do it justice. Get yourself some factory touchup paint (email mazda, theyll hook ya up for free) and some of the LANGKA stuff (its a sticky in the exterior forum)- i've never used it, but it seems to work from what people on the forum say. I downloaded and watched the "how it works" promo video and it seems like its a pretty solid concept.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ive seen this many times as i work in a bodyshop, and eggshell will do that every single time, doesnt matter how long it sits on there. amazing how something that fragile can damage paint so easily. sorry to hear man, but up here in canada its probably a 500-600 hundred dollar bill.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the resposes guys. As far as the egg sitting on it- it was on there for maybe 2 hours, so luckily theres no damage from the egg whites possibly eating into the paint. That paint chip is from the egg shells scratching and chipping the paint from the impact. O'neil- i almost turned around and chased after the car that went by me- but at the time- i wasnt sure if someone threw something at me of if i maybe hit a small animal or something. Obviously- after looking at the pics, theres not a doubt in my mind that it was the car that drove by me. I have the touchup paint from mazda- but i doubt it will come out too well. I used it before on my rear bumper (from some drunken girl backing into my rear bumper- never got her) and its obvious where i touched it up. I dont even know what to do anymore. Maybe ill just ride my mountain bike around for now on lol.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
flat black might not look to bad i have a sport compact magazine that tell you how to do flat black paint jobs and they did one on a WRX and it look pretty good...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
dude I have chips on my front bumper ... im freaking out too ...
but even worst some freaking hater threw a snowball on my door, now its all dented ..

argggggggggggggggggggggg

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
god damnit that pisses me off, some little bastered poored pop and spit chocolate the front of my car last halloween some peoples kids.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone up for doing a photoshop???? flat black with bronze stock wheels. Im curious. this would allow me to get the body into good shape- and swirl marks and waxing are a thing of the past lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts