Mazda3 Forums banner

Does this fit 07 speed3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to see what is a better option. The ipod adaptor from the factory (local dealer) or an in dash navi system (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVICF90/Pioneer-AVIC-F900BT.html?tp=144) that has just about anything and then some. My question is does this unit fit the MS3? if it does does it affect the LCD display (i.e. mpg reading, clock, Climate controls, Ambient temp). I am open to other similar products or ideas that would serve the same purpose.

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
It will fit, you will need to buy a double DIN fascia kit though. You will lose your radio controls on the steering wheel but this can be fixed with a PAC IR adaptor to suit the Pioneer. The LCD clock display will also vanish. You can keep the air controls and ambient temp though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! would crutchfiled have all the adaptor and the kit that I would need?

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
103 Posts
[quote author=ManitaMS3 link=topic=137989.msg2976684#msg2976684 date=1236221680]
Cool! would crutchfiled have all the adaptor and the kit that I would need?

Thanks for the response.
[/quote]

They should have it. If they don't you can get a genuine japanese Kanatechs double DIN kit from www.japanparts.com This place has excellent products (not the cheapest though), but the quality is probably the best out there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
just a warning on these units. they have a lengthy start up time even after 2 firmware updates and are still very buggy. I had a f90bt which was the top of the line in the avic F series and took it out after only 2 months. Research and make sure you know what you're getting.

·
Registered
268 Posts
[quote author=strmtrooperms3 link=topic=137989.msg2978732#msg2978732 date=1236303599]
just a warning on these units. they have a lengthy start up time even after 2 firmware updates and are still very buggy. I had a f90bt which was the top of the line in the avic F series and took it out after only 2 months. Research and make sure you know what you're getting.
[/quote]

Thats the number 1 complaint on that unit

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'll be getting my 700 this week. They have about a 30 sec boot time, but it's worth it for everything you are getting. These things are basically PCs running Windows CE.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's my 90BT installed with the Kanatechs kit, not having any previoous nav units before, I can't really compare, but overall I like it and love the Ipod integration. Also, I love all the modifications that can be done to be changed to look the way that you want it, here's a forum that I like going through: http://avic411.com/

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just installed my avic 700bt yesterday, and so far i like it. not bad at all for $400. gotta get a steering wheel control adapter eventually, and possibly sirius radio and I'll be good to go. Theres alot you can do to these units like moorishidol mentioned, apparently you can even run garmin, tom tom etc software if you dont like the software that comes preinstalled on these. i'm not daring enough to go digging into the software on this thing though, so so far though i've only done the hardwire mod, so i can use everything w/ out having the e brake on. I've heard the ipod integration is pretty good on these as well, although i wouldnt know. i'm content on just loading songs onto an sd card and flash drive and leaving it at that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a bunch for all the info guys you can't buy stuff like this anywhere.... I will defenetly be looking more in to this unit. Moorishidol, I see you got the GT does your climate control, steering wheel control, work? how do you access your info center (for mpg readings)?

Thanks again to everyone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
[quote author=moorishidol link=topic=137989.msg2984841#msg2984841 date=1236660092]
Here's my 90BT installed with the Kanatechs kit, not having any previoous nav units before, I can't really compare, but overall I like it and love the Ipod integration. Also, I love all the modifications that can be done to be changed to look the way that you want it, here's a forum that I like going through: http://avic411.com/

[/quote]

What is that silver line on the drivers side of the unit? Is that part of the unit itself?

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
I would guess the unit doesn't quite fit double-din but that it includes adaptor plates to minimize the aesthetic damage. And it's only silver because of the camera flash--if you look at the other side you'll see it's black. Looks good :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
No, I think that dash kit has a wider than double din opening in it for some reason. It comes with tabs on both sides to make it the size of a double din. If you look closely you can see the silver tab on the other side as well.

-Sean

G

·
anyone know how the bootup / load up time is on these with the new pioneer firmware upgrade

this is according to crutchfield:

Note: Pioneer has developed an update for this receiver to improve navigation and Bluetooth sound quality and improve overall system performance. All receivers in our current inventory have been updated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
[quote author=iiOxFAte link=topic=137989.msg3009095#msg3009095 date=1237683134]
anyone know how the bootup / load up time is on these with the new pioneer firmware upgrade

this is according to crutchfield:

Note: Pioneer has developed an update for this receiver to improve navigation and Bluetooth sound quality and improve overall system performance. All receivers in our current inventory have been updated.
[/quote]

I think now it is about 30-40 seconds

G

·
tempted to buy one @ 400$ on eBay, but hmm

not quite sure, either

Pioneer AVIC - 900BT or
Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

any thoughts on either one?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, the obvious difference between the two would be that the AVIC - 900BT has Nav, the other does not. I guess it would come down to that (for me anyways).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the 700BT, which seems just like the 900BT without DVD player. Just don't want to pull the trigger yet...so many things I want with not a big enough bank account.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts