Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to ipod my wife's 06 Mazda 3 and must be missing something. Here's what I'm using, which isn't working:

MAZ/PC-ALP CD Changer Interface connected to CD changer port on back of headunit.
Then I got an adapter cable that looks pretty much like this: http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1262
On the dock end of that cable the brand says "Peripheral". That cable connects to the dock connection on the iPod nano.

Everything connects fine, but when I hit the CD button on the headunit twice, it switches over to the changer input for a few seconds and then switches back to the single disc player.

Where did I go wrong here?

·
Registered
531 Posts
When I installed my Neo Pro Link the instructions said that you should
disconnect the battery for at least a minute after installing the interface.
When you reconnect the power the head unit should then recognize the interface.
Are sure your directions didn't tell you to disconnect the battery while installing?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Are you sure that's the adapter cable you have? You should have the ALP/M-POD.

I would recheck that the connection to the back of the HU is solid, and perhaps try disconnecting the battery (couldn't hurt). After that if it's still doing it I would double check it with another ipod. After that I'd return it as defective.

Do you have the wire on the cable hooked up to power to charge the ipod? If not you could always get the ALP/M-3.5 and just use the headphone jack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=icspots link=topic=135625.msg2920410#msg2920410 date=1234057356]
Are you sure that's the adapter cable you have? You should have the ALP/M-POD.[/quote]

It's possible I have the wrong one. My cable looks pretty similar to that one, only it has a straight port connection instead of the angled one in that photo. Looks like I will need to order that one and give it a try.

Thanks, guys. I'll let you know how the other cable works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts