Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new wheel and tires in a few days ago. they give the car a completly different look, i'm really happy with them. what do ya'll think? did i do good?

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
well, if you like them, thats what matters, if you want my opinion:

they are too big in diameter (19's are totally excessive on a Mazda3), and too wide, and don't quite fit right. Unneccesary weight, and uber-stretched tires. . .

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
i have ADR wheels too!!

they look sweet on your hatch but I think I would have gone 18, no bigger than that. I agree with ruby.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=rubyred3 link=topic=70243.msg1227066#msg1227066 date=1172249107]
well, if you like them, thats what matters, if you want my opinion:

they are too big in diameter (19's are totally excessive on a Mazda3), and too wide, and don't quite fit right. Unneccesary weight, and uber-stretched tires. . .
[/quote]

accually they do fit just right. my best man is a store mgr for discount tire. he was very well aware for the issue of 19's fitting wierd. but he did plent of reseach for me and found several wheel the were made with the correst offset and width. they are 19x7.5 and even with my skunk2 lowering springs...NO RUBBING BABY!!! and as far as weight goes, not too concerned cuz not really into racing the 3...its got a few engine mods, but mostly a daily driver. thanks for the feedback!!!
ps...but ur right...i am rollin' on some rubber bands!!! lol

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
those tires aren't stretched. what you think is stretched is actually the rim protector.

stretched tires is a euro thing...for example:

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
that looks RETARDED (the jetta that the415 posted)

As far as fit, the more I look at it, the more you're right, they actually do fit fairly well for 19's, I'm just not into wheels that huge.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=rubyred3 link=topic=70243.msg1227299#msg1227299 date=1172255101]

As far as fit, the more I look at it, the more you're right, they actually do fit fairly well for 19's, I'm just not into wheels that huge.
[/quote]

looks good to me.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=70243.msg1227384#msg1227384 date=1172257013]

[/quote]

looks good to me.
[/quote]

I suppose like most things, its just a matter of opinion.

I guess thats just the engineer in me talking, b/c with tires that stretched, you clearly have more wheel weight than you need as a narrower wheel could have EASILY fit those tires (again, talking about the crazy jetta, not your 3). Perhaps thats the style, but its certainly not optimal for performance. Threadjack complete.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Your 19's do look good, but how is the ride now? I had 18's (225/40/18) and they rode to rough for me on the small, quick jolts like road cracks ect... But remember, as long as you're happy, to hell with what us experts say! :p

Darryl

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm telling you, my best man did plenty of research for me. he only found a hand full of wheels that were 19x7.5. most were 8in or wider. as far as the ride goes...i really cant tell much difference. i feel the road a little more now, but all-in-all, it really isn't as bad as i thought it would be. Those Pirrelli PZero Nero tires handle bad-ass, hardly no roll when i take turns.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
it's a euro thing. you either like it or you dont. you obviously wouldn't take that car around a track because it's not safe. for daily driving though, it will be ok.

i love euro. my focus was euro'd out and i wanted to get some show wheels that were stretched but i blew the motor before that happened.

ruby, i too am/was an engineering major and i know where you're coming from but to me, and a lot of euro fans, stretched looks HOT!!!

·
Registered
18,652 Posts

[/quote]

its not a jetta its a GTI, to be more exa its Jolf. the front is a jetta while the rest of the car is golf!

and they look damn good

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
ps: i luv hearing about performance talk on a 16sec car.

***** please!! IF U ARE OFFENDED COME TO ME IN PM AND TELL ME WHY, THERE IS NO REASON WHY YOU SHOULD, i didnt say ******, and i wasnt calling anyone one. so please grow up!

oh on topic...

they look good.

they actually dont look 19s more like 18.

dude get some coils and put it on the fender!

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=70243.msg1227627#msg1227627 date=1172260781]
it's a euro thing. you either like it or you dont. you obviously wouldn't take that car around a track because it's not safe. for daily driving though, it will be ok.

i love euro. my focus was euro'd out and i wanted to get some show wheels that were stretched but i blew the motor before that happened.

ruby, i too am/was an engineering major and i know where you're coming from but to me, and a lot of euro fans, stretched looks HOT!!!
[/quote]
so hot:

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
MMM....SO HOT.

euro, easy on the ***** please. you might offend somebody.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts