Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of the 3m on the car

Front of the rig, whole bumper is done except the grill.

Close shot of the hoot, light hits the line a little better

Shot from the side, you can't see the 3m around the wheel wells or the rocker panels.

Close shot of the wheel well

Other areas having the application are the hatch handle/latch area, the door handles, and the door edges.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cool, how much did that set ya back?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around $440

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I wish I had that stuff on my car before I started driving around ... the paint and rock chips are driving me nuts considering the age of my baby :(

·
Registered
238 Posts
i'm seriously considering adding that to mine also

but i was wondering....anyone know where exactly i would be able to buy that in canada?
and how much it would cost?

·
Registered
245 Posts
There's a shop here in Seattle called Accutint that does it... although with shop time and drive time there and back you'd have to make a weekend of it, or at least a very long day.

This Accutint place comes highly recommended in terms of tinting... infact I'm going in for tint there on Saturday. They don't quote prices on the website for the 3M, but you can take a look at it here: http://www.accutintseattle.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
hm......i dont think i wanna be driving my mz3 all the way to seattle

anyone in vancouver know any places?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anybody knows if this is available in Quebec or Ontario?

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Holy crap - Accutint wants $600 :shock: for that full kit similar to what is show above. $400 for Stongard (at StonGard) with slightly less coverage. $180 for the side window tinting at Accutint. I need to win a lottery.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How hard is it to remove this from the surface if you know? Also, does it pose and problems with washing and waxing (i.e. clouding of the 3M or the like)?

It looks like a pretty sweet application. 8)

·
Registered
88 Posts
From 3m's site, they said it's easy to remove and leaves no residue. They claim that it will not hurt the paint finish at all.

intoinfinity said:
How hard is it to remove this from the surface if you know? Also, does it pose and problems with washing and waxing (i.e. clouding of the 3M or the like)?

It looks like a pretty sweet application. 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much should the kits cost including protection.

What's the range of how much you should pay for the kits. From minimum to maximum protection?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well my car was worth $440, depends on your range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had this type of film applied to my 99 BWM 328i and it was the best investment you can make!

I had a Z3 before that without it and the stone chips... oy vey!!!

I just sold my RAV4 without the film and the stone chips wreak havock.
I just ordered a new Mazda3 and its the FIRST thing I'm going to get installed.

Don't fret about the money, this stuff does its job and you will thank yourself for going it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I would totally recommend it. In fact, forget any option packags that you can hold off and get it instead. In retrospect, I wish I had gone and actually gotten it the minute I drove off the lot. Now I would have to get everything repainted before applying it :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am going to have this done on friday. Pick up the car from the dealership on thursday night :D

Gonna do the hood and fenders, but where else? Where should I have them do it on the side of the car?

thanks

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you have the sport flares installed, yeah, get those done, I caught some rocks up there also.

They might not be able to do the grill, it's a pain, but ask them. Also the headlights lenses if you have the HID stuff.

Hasta

1 - 20 of 42 Posts