Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to say I have never loved a car like this one. Although most sports cars are two door, today it doesn't matter. I personally prefer the sedan over the wagon obviously. I'm not much into the styling of wagons. Plus with mine being black, the blacked out lights look cool. I've had it for a few months now and still am totally addicted to driving. The only draw back was that my wife has to be able to drive the car as well. So - no manual. Yes, yes we have tried many times with many other 5 speeds. Believe me - I've tried to teach her how to drive 5 but it just isn't happening. So I had to get an automatic. When I test drove the auto 06 Civic it was a dog. Aside from the freakshow interior it was slow. So when I went over to Mazda and I found there was a auto/manual 5 speed shiftronic thingy I was a little more relieved and the Mazda 3 was much, much quicker and handled better. Plus the 17" wheels, rain sensing wipers, 6 disc in dash, leather, great interior and of course learning the Volvo s40 C1 platform 'sport tuned chassis' was the skeleton helped also.

My mileage right now is: 13.9 L per 100 kms (all city) I'm rarely on the hwy. I usually get around 12.5, but if I drive it 'light' or normally I would probaby get just over 10.0. I've had friends who bought the Civic brag about great fuel economy - a little better than mine but I don't like driving cutesy, bubbly appliances. I prefer something with style and sport. I guess it's just gravy that the Mazda 3 rates so high in reliability. Anyways, as you guys/girls can see I love my car.

I'm not much into flashy spoilers and spinning rims. I got my windows tinted, no spoiler. All the mods I do will be in the interior and a few under the hood.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought the exact same car, but with the rear wing spoiler. I couldn't agree more. Nice job keeping it clean!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree, nice job keeping it clean. I own the same car, same color minus the sunroof (which i'll trade in for a MS3 in march) and its been the best car Ive ever owned. If I had the money I would keep it and still get the MS3 lol. anyways, Looks Great ! :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
A clean black car is a thing of beauty, albeit a rare one! :p

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great car! Everytime I look at the profile of the Mazda3, I think "what a great-looking car!" I have gotten many compliments on my sedan from friends and strangers alike, many at gas stations where people notice and admire the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts